The Offer

Three months later...

Today was Heung San San to get a verdict for what sentence she gonna served. She came into the Court room in a prisoner uniform. Her face looked dull though the natural beauty was still. lining on it. She seemed lost weight a lot with hair wasn't as thick as before. It tied with a red rubber ban and dropped on her back.

She glanced at Yibo when she walked passed by him. Yibo looked at her with a sharp gaze. He tightened his grip on Zhan's shoulder when Heung San San turned her eyes at him. Then Heung San smirked. She was still arrogant despite she lived in jail with threatening inmates. The rumors spread that her inmates often bullied her and beat her up in the cell because of her arrogant attitude. It showed on her bruised face and neck. Don't know how was on her body behind her clothes.

After listening to the verdict reading by the juries, the judge started to read the crimes committed by Heung San San before he decided what sentence he would convict for her. The audiences in the Court Room were quiet and carefully listening to every word the Judge said.

"After I reviewed and discussed with the juries... I have come to a decision, that Heung San San is convicted... Guilty, for committed the fraud of the organization's fund, and drugged her clients in home therapy. And she's convicted as guilty for kidnapping and hostilized Xiao Zhan for a few hours. But she's stated as not guilty for crashing and taking Wang Hwa Lin's life!" The Judge read the sentence for the accused.

The audience who listening to the verdict gasped.and sighed. Some of them murmuring something, creating the noise in the room. The Judge struck his gavel on the sounding block repeatedly to get the audience's attention and make them silent. The bailiffs tried to calm them down. The the ruckus in the courtroom back into a chilling room.

"For the criminal acts she had done, the Court will sentence her a 13 years in jail. She is eligible for parole after 7 years serving the jail term!"

And the Judge hit his gavel once as a final. Then he got up and walked out of the courtroom which began make a chaos.

"How can she never convicted for killing your mother? We even have the tape for it. At least she has to serve the punishment a life time term in jail...!" Zhan felt dejected with Judge's decision.

"She supposed to get the death sentence...." Yibo hissed.

"It's ok. Let the karma get her for what she has done...." Said Wang Yong with a sad and piss off face.

Their attention snapped by an orange figure standing in front of their bench which at the first row. When they turned their attention, there was Heung San San standing in front of them with two police officers escorted her.

"We'll meet again soon.... Wang Yibo!" Hissed Heung San San. Then she scoffed and smirked.

"You are devil!" Shouted Yibo, got up from his seat and about to grab Heung San San.

But his family stopped him and the officers blocked him from touching the criminal. Then they brought Heung San San away, out of the courtroom.

Yibo still could hear that she was laughing.

"13 years? Seriously!" Hao Xuan hit the bleacher's backrest.

They shook their heads in disbelief.

☑️. ☑️. ☑️. ☑️

Zhan and Yibo just arrived in the office lobby, when a tall and slim woman came approaching them. She smiled at them. Zhan smiled back at her. But something was strange happened. When he glance at his side, Yibo also smiled at her. Broadingly. It was very unusual for Yibo smiled so happy and excited remembering that je didn't like skin contact too much, especially to the women. And this woman was stranger to Zhan. She never met her before. But Yibo seemed knew her well.