Two Poles

Zhan sat in front of the table inside their house. He was fiddling with his phone. There was Yibo's number had called him multiple times. But he didn't want to pick it up, nor reply to his messages.

"No... I'm not homosexual. I don't like men..." he muttered to himself.

He denied that he missed the man already. He thought how stupid he was for unable to differentiate between dream and reality? He felt the kiss was so real, yet he kept thinking that it was only his dream. And in his "dream" he was very much welcomed the kiss, despite he didn't see who was kissing him. He even returned the kiss passionately.

"Fuck!" he hit the table with his fist.

Then he ruffled his hair in frustration. He was thinking very hard about how to get rid of the feeling. He denied that he likes his boss. It was just because they were at the same age and love to fool around. Then he saw Aliya's number. And he remembered his invitation to go out together on Saturday. Wasn't it a date?

Yes! It's a date! She requested him for a date. Yeah! He gonna accept the offer. He definitely will go out with the girl, to prove that he still likes girls. He doesn't like men. He didn't fall in love with his boss.

Zhan texted the girl/

Hi, Aliya! How about your offer?

Zhan hit the send button. A moment later he got the reply.

The offer? What offer?

Zhan typed away the reply.

Z : About we going out this Saturday.

A : Ohh... that's not an offer, Zhan. That's an invitation
       So? Are you free this weekend?

Z : Yeah... I guess so.

A : That's great! I will pick you up on Saturday then. Just tell me the venue to meet up.

Z : Sure.

A : Can't wait until the day comes!

Zhan didn't reply to the text again. He put his phone down. He felt like he just betrayed Yibo. But, hell no! He didn't betray him. There was nothing between them, except as Boss and employee. Ex-Boss. Yibo had a girlfriend, after all. He's the one who cheated on his girlfriend.

Zhan sighed. Then he walked to his stuffy room to catch some sleep again. He laid himself on the cold mattress. After he experienced the night, he felt his mattress was so cold, wasn't warm as Yibo's bed. And he missed the warmth.

Zhan shook the thought away. No. Stop thinking of him. There is a beautiful girl asking you for a date. What are you comparing about? She must have more warmth than that fucking bratty boss of his. Ex boss.

Zhan wanted to catch some sleep again, in hope he would be able to repeat the same dream he had last night. And if that happened, he wanted no one will wake him up to face the hurtful reality.

****

Yibo sat in his office. Alone again. He didn't have desire to do his work. He leaned on the backrest and staring at Zhan's table. I mean, the table where Zhan used to be two days ago.

"He doesn't come back..." he muttered to himself. He bit his fingernail. It was one of his habits when he felt restless and insecure, the thing he didn't do again after he took the position as a CEO in this company.

A knock on the door made him put his hand down on the table. He glanced at the door. Mr. Tseung came into the office.

"The report from deluxe Entrepreneur, Sir...!" said Mr. Tseung. placing the files on Yibo's table.