Part Nine

Salt In Our Wounds,

Part 9,

Villes POV.

I woke up to my phone buzzing, I groaned and grabbed my phone, checking the time and who messaged me. it was a text from Burton asking if it was okay to come over. The rest of the guys were supposed to come with him but they passed out the moment they hit the beds in the hotel.

Ville: Yeah, sure you can come over. How far out are you? I'm just waking up and my girlfriend is over, I just want to give her a heads up.” I hit send and looked at the time on my phone, it was 6 A.M.

I groaned again, walking to the bathroom to splash water on my face and use the toilet. My phone vibrated again; I looked at the text from Burton.

Burton: Ah okay, Mige told me about that, I hope she’s cool, I need to talk to you about something, I’m about ten minutes out, see you then.

I sighed and headed over to the sofa where Cheyenne slept, I crouched down to her level and put a hand on her cheek, rubbing gently. “Enkeli darling, wake up.” I whispered.

She groaned and stretched her arms over her head before opening her eyes. “You okay? What time is it?” she muttered.

“I’m okay, its six in the morning, I just wanted to get you up. Burton is coming over, he wants to talk to me about something. He said he was going to be here soon. I just wanted to wake you up to tell you. You can move to my bed if you want to go back to sleep.” I looked at her, still half asleep. I ran my thumb across her cheek, moving a piece of hair from her face.

All she did was nod. “Okay, um I'll stay up, but I'm going to go take a shower; can I use yours? In case he needs to use the other restroom and I’m still in there?” she stood up and ran her fingers through her hair.

“ You don't need to ask, of course darling.. I'll start the coffee so it's ready when you get out.” I whispered, she gave me a thumbs up as a reply as she walked up the stairs to my room.

I walked over to the kitchen and opened the window to light a smoke and start the coffee pot. I hated that she still felt like she had to ask to use something as simple as my bathroom, and felt like she wasn't ready to sleep in the same bed together. I understood her reasoning and why she felt like she wasn't ready. I knew she would come around and become more comfortable. I just needed patience. The coffee pot beeping and a knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts. I grunted and walked over to the door, pulling it open revealing Burton. His hair was tucked in a hat, he wore a red flannel and jeans.

“Hey man, come in. What's up, everything okay?" I looked at him, lighting my cigarette and taking a drag.

“Yeah I’m fine, I've just been having some Déjà vu moments since we landed here. I haven’t been in St. Marks Florida in about ten years. Before I joined the band." He looked around and sat down on the sofa.

“What were you doing here before you joined HIM?” I looked at him, taking another drag. I knew what from what Cheyenne has told me, but I wanted to hear it from him. It was still hard to belive that they were siblings, even if it was only by adoption.

“I had a family here – not like a wife and kids, but people that took me in when I was a child. They adopted me, and they had a girl a few years after they brought me to America, I helped raise her because after she was born they turned sour. They hated her. She was fifteen when I left. She would be twenty five now, the same age I was when I left. I feel horrible being back in this town, knowing who I left her with and that I left without saying goodbye or keeping in touch.” He finished, putting his head in his hands. I sighed and put out the cigarette. Trying to push aside the debate in my head, debating if I should just tell him, or for him to find out on his own.

“Do you remember what her name was? I mean it’s been ten years..” I put my hands together and leaned down, putting my forearms on my legs and looking at him, I heard the shower water turn off. Cheyenne would be coming out soon, so I decided to push the conversation more.

 “Cheyenne, her name was Cheyenne.” Burton replied.