Part Five

Salt in Our Wounds. 

Normal P.O.V

It was quiet when I rushed back into the house, all I could hear was my pulse throbbing through my ears. I made my way into the kitchen where my mom stood making a cup of coffee.

“Did you and dad have a nice time out?” I asked as I got myself a bottle of water and sat down at the table waiting for a reply; it took her a little bit but she forced herself to answer me.

“Yes, actually we did, we went over to a party with your Aunt Jenna last night after we waited countless hours for you to come home. Which you ever did.” She went on always making me feel guilty for whatever I did to try and make myself happy. In their minds I was still a little girl under their control. I shook my head and sighed, my mom just rolled her eyes. “You’re the reason he’s like this, he never did any of this kind of crap until you were born. I always wondered if we would have just sent you off to Germany with your grandmother or if you were just a tad bit like your older brother, then he would get back to his old self.” She muttered as she walked away from me.

The whole ‘you’re the worst kid ever speech.’ I get sick of the whole thing. I'm not the reason he's like this, he is. I hated that they always brought my grandmother into it. My grandmother was and still is the best thing that ever happened to me. I remember going over to her house in the summer when I was off from school to go pick herbs in her garden. Then one year she got sick and tired of the negativity around the family and she left to her hometown back in Germany. I haven’t seen her in years but I still talk to her on a weekly basis.  My brother left when I was fifteen, he was twenty-five he left me and went back to his home town in Finland. Mom and dad used to live in Finland which is where they adopted my brother before coming back down here and having me. I don’t talk to him, nor have I seen him since he left. Last I heard he joined a band.

“What do you and dad want for dinner? Or did you guys already eat when you were out with Aunt Jenna?” I called out heading over to the stove to get a pan out before my mother’s words stopped me. “We already ate; but your father wants to talk to you, so go see him before you run off again.” I groaned and headed off to find my father.

Everyone in the house had atleast two places where you could almost always find them, for me it’s my bedroom or the swing in the back yard, for mom it’s either the kitchen or the living room and for my father its ether his bedroom or the computer room. I started at the computer room where I saw him playing World of Warcraft, grunting so he could hear me I leaned along the door frame. “You wanted to talk to me?” I said crossing my arms over my chest, he nodded and patted to a chair next to him wanting me to sit, I refused and stood my ground; this was going to be a long 'conversation.'

Ville’s P.O.V

The drive to the house felt like it was the longest trip I have ever taken, but eventually the cabbie pulled to the front of the driveway. I paid him, thanked him and got out of the car. Slowly I walked to the door fiddling in my pockets trying to find my phone so I could call Cheyenne, I gave up and unlocked the door and went into the house plopping down on the sofa as one question skipped around me head. 'How the hell did that happen?' I didn’t regret the kiss, I liked her and I guess that’s all that mattered right now.

I felt a buzzing in my inner jacket pocket; the only pocket that I didn’t check when looking for it earlier. I didn’t notice the number so I answered it. “Hello?” I put a finger to my other ear trying to make out the background noises, loud music was blasting. “Ville, it’s me Cheyenne.” I felt my eyes go wide because she sounded like she was, or as been crying. “Darling are you okay? You sound upset. What’s wrong?” I got up and waked outside to get a better phone coverage, the music turned down on her side of the call. “I’m okay, just the normal shit around here. Um, later do you want to come back over? Through the back door, please?” she asked and I could hear her sniffling through the phone; she was current crying. “Sure darling what time do you want me over there?” I asked, running my fingers through my hair. “Around eight; is that okay, its six now so in two hours?” She sounded so nervous, I just chuckled “That’s fine sweetheart, I’ll see you soon.” I smiled a bit to myself as I headed back into the house. “Okay bye Ville.” She said before hanging up.

I sighed and walked to my room to freshen up, I couldn’t help but to be excited to see her again, even if she was upset, hopefully I could cheer her up a little.