Part Seven

Salt in Our Wounds

Part 7.

Normal POV.

“Darling, The band is coming down in two days.” Ville called over to me while he was on the phone with his band manager. I got up from the sofa and stood in the doorway of the kitchen with wide eyes.

It had only been a week since I found out that the HIM’s keyboard player was my long lost brother. “What?” I squeaked, I didn’t have the balls to be near Janne, let alone talk to him.

“Seppo doesn’t like the band being apart for so long, so he’s getting them all down here; are you going to be okay?” His hand went over the receiver once again to talk to me.

I waved him off and went back to the sofa. “Yeah, I’ll be fine; I got to face him sooner or later.”

I’ve been slamming Ville with questions since I found out who Janne was. I found out that the band mates called him Burton (which I already knew, another reason why I would have never guessed that he was my brother),  he also has a girlfriend back in Finland, that he drinks but not as much as some of the other band mates, and that he smokes. Ville wouldn’t tell me anything else about him. He said that I needed to find out for myself, to get to know him.

Ville and I had kicked it off really well, we talked about anything we could. he told me stories about his family, the stupidly crazy things that would go on at his first job at his father's sex shop. He told me what he thought about romance; how he felt true romance is slow building and small tender gestures, along with some of the big cliche ones. I thought that the way that he said ‘Romantic’ was really cute because he rolled his tongue when he said it.

Getting up I walked into the kitchen where Ville was, still on the phone so I kept quiet as I poured myself a glass of wine, motioning over to the bottle to offer Ville some. He nodded and mouthed a ‘thank you’ as I poured him a glass and handed it to him. I sat across from him on the dining table as Ville hung up the phone, pinched the bridge of his nose, and take a sip of wine. “So darling, it looks like Burton and the rest of the band is going to be here in about two days; depending on the plane. Are you sure you’re going to be okay? I mean you haven’t seen him since you were 15.” He said putting his lips to the wine glass to take another sip, but not letting his eyes off of me

“Yeah, I’ll be fine; I mean I have to face him sooner or later right? He is your friend and your band mate, also I’m with you so I'm going see him eventually. I guess it’s just going to be sooner than later.” I replied and chugged down my glass.

Villes POV.

I watched her basically chug her glass of wine down. Lately I have been caught up in my thoughts about the passing week, the walks, talks, and dates that the two of us have been on has been amazing, she showed me a lot of her favorite places to go around this Isolated town of St. Marks, Florida. she showed me a secret of hers that just about broke my heart, talked to me more about her family. I couldn’t wait for the band to come, yet there was a twinge of worry in the back of my head about what the band mates would think of us two; but I know they will warm up to her easily. Then there was Burton, he never talked about Cheyenne, I wondered if he had forgotten about her; but who could forget about someone like Cheyenne?

“Ville?” The sound of my name being called snapped me out of my mind and back to reality.

I shook my head and looked back at her. “Yes darling?” She was getting up to wash out her wine glass.

“Are you alright? You looked like you spaced out on me for a second there.” She giggled and took my empty wine glass and washed it out as well.

I gave her a small chuckle and looked at her. “Yeah, I guess I did space out. Sorry love, I guess I'm just tired.” I looked on the clock on the wall and sighed, it was only eight but it felt like it was almost midnight. Cheyenne now stood in front of me and squatted down so she was face to face with me.

“Come on.” She pulled my hand, getting me up. “Let’s get you to bed; I’ll lay down with you ‘till you fall asleep.” I nodded and let her lead me by the hand into the bedroom. I stripped off my shirt and tossed it across the room, she sat at the foot of the bed waiting for me.

“You know darling, I really hate it when you sleep on the sofa.” I said sitting next to her and putting an arm around her, kissing her cheek.

she nodded. “I know you do I’m just not ready yet, it's only the second time I've spent the night.” She pecked her soft lips on mine, smiled and looked at me; I put my hand on her face and caressed her cheek gently. I didn’t want to push her, so I dropped the subject.

“Alright love.” I kissed her gently and pulled the covers back, sliding in them. She laid next to me and played with my hair, her soft touch sending me into a deep dreamless sleep.