Part three

Salt In Our Wounds (part 3)

Villes P.O.V

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face from the slip in the blinds in my room; groaning I wipe my face and slide some pants on and headed down the hall to the kitchen to start the coffee pot. 

Stopping halfway down the stairs I remembered who was sleeping on my couch, Cheyenne. Was she still here? Or had she woke up before me and left? Heading down the rest of the stairs I saw her still sleeping on the sofa. I smiled and turned the corner into the kitchen and hit the button to the coffee pot and headed to the open window in the kitchen to light a cigarette. I walked to the end of the doorway to check on Cheyenne, after everything that happened yesterday I couldn't help but worry about her, she was so broken but so beautiful. It hurt just thinking about it.

Soon after I went to go check on her she sat up, yawning and stretching out across the couch 

"Good morning, love." I smiled as she stood up and ran her fingers through her hair and smiled back at me. 

"Morning" She sighed and walked closer to me as I took another drag of my cigarette and blew it out, she giggled she blew away some of the smoke that came in her direction. "Do I smell coffee Mr.  Valo?" She flashed another one of those smiles and walked past me 

"Of course darling, coffee is the jump start of every day; go ahead help yourself." I chuckled and turned around, leaning on the wall to watch her make herself a cup of black coffee.

Taking the last drag of the cigarette I flicked it out the window and made myself a cup of coffee with a little sugar. 

She sat at the kitchen table, staring out the window and I stared at her and I wondered how I was going to start a normal morning conversation with this beautiful girl.

Normal P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of coffee,  already making my morning ten times better than most I've had, then there was Ville with his bright green eyes meeting my dark brown when I walked to him, following the scent of the coffee. 

It's strange how the human mind works, I've only known Ville for not even a day and I trusted him within the first hour of talking to him, and more deeply than I have ever trusted anyone. 

I made my coffee black and sat down by the window at the kitchen table, taking a deep breath as the wind blew crisp air inside the house. I could feel Ville staring at me before he sat down across from me at the kitchen table. 

"How'd you sleep, darling?" I felt his eyes on me and I smiled trying to hide the red that started to shade my cheeks.

"Good, better than I have in a really long time. Thank you for letting stay the night, it means the world to me; truly."  I smiled back at him and took another sip of my coffee before I heard my phone ringing back in the living room, I got up quickly to grab it and answer it. 
"Hello?" It was my dad on the other line, yelling about something that I did or something that involved me. It wasn't even noon and he was already drunk, and I could never understand him when he was drunk. I hung up in the middle of his drunken rant and walked back to a confused looking  Ville. 

"Everything alright, love?" his eyes followed me as I walked back to my seat across from him. 

"Yeah, everything is fine, my dad is already drunk. He either noticed that I wasn't home last night or hes just bitching to bitch, I'm not quite sure anymore" I gave a small laugh and took a long sip of coffee then looked out the window again.

Florida never got all dressed up and pretty for winter until you got closer to north Florida, than it got colder with more frost, more leaves fell and it almost felt like an actual winter.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked softly, breaking me out of my trance. 

"I'm just thinking about how stupid Florida winter is, there isn't even any snow." I chuckled and blushed, taking another sip of coffee.

"Trust me, snow is overrated when you  have had a lifetime of it." He smiled softly and cocked his head to the side, watching me.

"Trust me, a life time of not having snow is overrated" I looked down at my coffee cup then at him. "I've never seen snow before." I admitted, blushing more and hiding my cheeks with my hand.

"Well maybe one day we can change that" He smiled, studying my face and the way I touched it. 

 "What time is it?" I asked quickly, looking around for a clock. he chuckled and looked at the clock on the wall behind me. "Uh. Almost nine, why?" he asked getting himself up to wash his cup out then leaned next to me by the sink. "You got some place better to be?" He joked, word filled with humor and sarcasm. I snorted, "Hardly but I gotta go home, change clothes and take a shower, maybe see what my day was yelling about." I sighed, honestly I didn't want to go home I want to stay here or go anywhere else as long as it wasn't back there.

His voice was full of thought. "Well darling, how about I walk you to your house and we shall talk more about the sky, the moon the sun and everything underneath it"  He smiled and put an arm around me. "Okay, that sounds great, just give me two minutes and I'll be ready." I smiled and rushed to the bathroom where I quickly founds some toothpaste and brushed my teeth with my finger I pulled my hair back up so it didn't look so slept in, and went into the living room where he had already put on a shirt and was sliding on his shoes. I followed his lead and took mine from the door, sitting next to him to slid on my shoes. He pulled me in and kissed my head, watching as my face turned red and my attempt to hide it. He laughed as he spoke "You ready?" he smirked and got up heading to the door.

"After you sweetie."  He smiled and gestured me to go before him out of the door, I went in a tiny rush and started walking a few steps in front of him before stopping and waiting for him to catch up. He linked his arm with mine and we started walking.

Nothing was said for a good ten minutes or so but I was fine with just walking with him because it wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable. I knew all of the turns by heart and each step was a number for me that my brain automatically counted in my head, I stopped at my house and sighed, turning to him. "Well, this is it, the hell hole I call home." I laughed heartlessly at my comment. Ville just chuckled and shook his head, taking my hand in his and placed a kiss gently. "'Till we meet again my darling." He pulled out a pen and wrote something down on the palm of my hand, smiled at what he wrote and pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around him tightly and he kissed the top of my head again, pulling away gently with a smile on his face. "Now get in there, take a shower, change your clothes, do whatever you said you were going to do." He gave a small chuckled and looked down then back at me the joy in his eyes tuned to concern and I hated seeing that in anyone's eyes. "But be safe darling."

"I will, I promise." I said before I walked away only to look behind me when I reached the door to see him standing there looking down. I smiled to myself and walked inside the house, looking at the palm of my hand to read what he wrote "Call me if you need saving." with his number under the note. I ran through the house to my room and wrote his number down on a slip of paper before grabbing some clean clothes and heading for the shower. I need to find something to do out of the house today, maybe go to the mall and get that Muse CD I have been trying to get my hands on but couldn't find it in any place but there.

Villes P.O.V

Watching her walk into that house that she hated made me want to run over and tell her not to go in there. Tell her to walk with me for just a little longer. But I couldn't, I didn't have the balls to do such a thing. The note that I wrote on her hand was so stupid and cheesy, maybe I should have just wrote my number and left it at that. I walked back to the house and sat on the sofa recapping everything. It was so beautiful, so magical and I adored every minute that I spent with her. I hope she felt the same, I craved that she would call me so I could hear her beautiful voice. I groaned, I can't just sit here, I got up and took a cold shower before grabbing my guitar and leaving the house in search for somewhere to play.