Part 2

Salt In Our Wounds (part 2)

Cheyennes P.O.V

The ride to his house seemed to go on forever, like when a child goes to an amusement park that is awhile away; as they are going to the place it takes forever, but on the way home its just too short. 
The ride to his house ended up only being 15-20 minutes, but it felt like an hour of silence. 

The taxi came to a halt and Ville got out to pay and open the door for me; I smiled weakly at him as a thanks.

I studied the house as we walked up the drive way and to the front door as he fumbled with his keys. It was nice size two-story house, not too big or too small. Unlike most of the houses in Florida his house was stacked with red brick and pretty windows that complemented it nicely.

Ville opened the door and held it open for me "welcome to your sanctuary for the night, darling." 

I giggled at his choice of words and walked inside the house, copying him and taking off my shoes. "You know" I started, sarcastically "for a rock star you live pretty basic... and pretty clean" I shot him a smile and a laugh.

 The inside of his house was pretty basic from what you would originally image someone who has money to live. Of course he had nice things in the downstairs area, a large couch and chair, a hanging flat screen; but he also had a lot of really basic, moderate things. An old coffee table, an out dated fridge, most of his cups where plastic with funny sayings on them.

"What where you expecting? fine china and women?" he shot back in the same tone 

"Well, at least the women" I admitted, turning red. 

He stroked my red cheek "no, this is it. I like basic. Fine china is too fragile and I drop things a lot when I'm drunk." 

"Fine china is overrated" I smiled. 

He looked into my eyes for a second before taking a step back and shaking away whatever thought was going through his head. "Would you like anything to drink darling? Water, beer, red wine, anything?" He backed himself near the kitchen and turned through the doorway. 

I was still focused on his eyes looking at me like that to really have what he asked to click right away, I had to have my own thoughts be shaken away by my head before I could respond. "I, um, water is okay. Thanks." I called out, pulling myself to the edge of the couch. 

I studied what small things he had on his coffee table in the living room to take my mind away from my thoughts. he had a newspaper, an ashtray and what looked like a mixed CD with pretty colors over them.

I laid my face in my hands realizing how tried I was, waiting for him to come back

I felt the sofa jump soon after and I picked my head up and looked at him, a small smile crossed his lips as he handed me a cold bottle of water and cracked him a bottle of beer. 

"Thanks" I whispered, opening the bottle and taking a long drink before returning to my position with my head in my hands. 

"How are you feeling, Darling?" His voice concerned with my well-being, why I sill don't know. 

I shrugged and looked back up at him "I'm alright just tired I guess, its been a long day." It as true, I was feeling a little better, just emotionally and physically exhausted.

"Well, lets start with getting you some warm clothes, so you're not sleeping in shorts." He smiled and got up, going upstairs to his bedroom before I had a chance to argue that I was okay in sleeping in the clothes that I had on.  Soon enough he was back with a pair of gray sweat pants and a black shirt. "The bathroom is just upstairs, first door on your left" 

"Thanks.." I started heading upstairs to change and as I got up he sat down and picked up his beer and the newspaper from the coffee table and flipped it open. 

Shutting the door and locking it I looked at myself in the mirror, my face was red and splotchy from wind burn and crying. I patted my face down with cool water before changing in the clothes that he gave me and heading back downstairs. 

Ville added a dark red fluffy blanket and pillow to the couch, looking up at me coming down the stairs and smiling. "better already, you can sleep in my room if you want, I'm sure the bed is more comfortable than the sofa." 

I shook my head in protest "Oh no, I'm more then okay with the sofa, I don't want you giving up your bed for me. I sat down on the couch next to him, wrapping the blanket that he put on the sofa around me. Ville looked like he was going to say something in protest, but he gave in and just sighed "Okay darling, but if you change your mind, just come and get me." He took my hand and squeezed it "Goodnight Cheyenne, sweet dreams" He whispered and walked up the stairs to his room. 

Villes' P.O.V

 The walk to my room seemed to be steeper than it normally is, I didn't want to leave her side. Not when it was so obvious that she was falling apart on the inside, She was drowning herself in a dark solitude and all I wanted was to pull her out and hold her in my arms, to shield her from anything that would hurt her. I knew she was putting on a brave face for me, and I also knew that the face wasn't going to last very long if what she said about her family was true. 

She wears a good mask, even with the way she is obviously hurting. She can still laugh and she can still muck up the humor and sarcasm, and god is she stubborn. Anybody who wasn't looking for it wouldn't know that she was damaged on the inside, so damaged, but so beautiful still.