Unaware: 3

Shehnaaz didn't sleep whole night and cursed Sidharth with every breath. Everything was going great for her. She finally found someone she was thinking about future with. Then came Sidharth Shukla out of nowhere and did this. She always thought what she felt for Ronak was so great and full of affection. But one kiss, just one moment with Sidharth erased all her conceptions. The passion, urgence, protectiveness that is felt in that small moment was something else.

In any case, she will not cheat on Ronak. She can't trust that one moment and destroy the first relationship she had. What is the guarantee that it just not a onetime moment thing with Sidharth? He was definitely drunk and maybe whatever he said was because of that.

"Sana, why are you so distracted yaar? Anjali, her cousin asked.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about something." Sana replied.

"Oh I know where you are distracted. Thinking about Ronak right?" Anjali said in teasing voice.

"No...No aisa kuch nahi hai." Sana tried to act normal.

"You know you guys are great. He is also so happy to be with you. Even yesterday we were talking and he mentioned how much he adores you." Anjali was genuinely happy for her cousin.

Shehnaaz was feeling a little guilty after hearing that. There he was gushing over her and here she is thinking about someone else. She cannot break his heart.

"Yeah, I am happy to be with him as well" and then and there she decided to not to break the relationship because of one crazy, uncertain kiss.

.....

Sidharth was in a very good mood. He hasn't seen Sana since Friday night. All weekend he kept thinking about her and finally it's a day to go back to work.

From whatever he know about her, he knew that she will not easily confess her feelings. She is too nice and kind to break up with Ronak and hurt him.

He needed to persuade her and show her that it is better to break the relationship in the starting rather than being miserable and spoil life of two, in this case three people.

He is firm believer is not cheating on partner doesn't matter they are good or bad. It's better to leave the person if you have doubts about relationship.

He doesn't regret kissing her but somewhere he is feeling guilty about doing behind Ronak's back. He is sure that if he was not as jealous and drunk that night he wouldn't have crossed that line. But now that cat is out of the bag, he is going to make sure she is making a right decision.

If it means that her feeling towards Ronak is stronger than he previously thought so be it. He will happily back down.

He was still thinking about it when Shehnaaz entered the office elevator. Form the way she was paying with strap of her bag, he can tell she is actually really nervous to face him.

"Good morning, Sana"

"Good Mo..morning"

"Relax Shehnaaz, I am not going to repeat what happened that night. If you want we don't have to talk about it yet. You take your time." Sidharth honestly wanted to be at ease around him.

"There is nothing to talk about. I am with Ronak and that's it. Whatever happened was in the past and I am not going to think about it." As she was saying those words, something heavy started to weigh on her heart.

Sidharth didn't say anything for couple of minutes and before he could say anything further, they reached their work floor.

"We will talk about it, Shehnaaz" Sidharth said in final tone and left her standing there.

....

Shehnaaz could feel his eyes following her everywhere and avoiding Sidharth was the best course of action. You can avoid him Sana. You went years talking minimal with him. This is not hard.

It was a lunch time and she have to eat with him being present. While she was making her way towards the lunch area someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into vacant office room.

She was about to shout when she realized who was in front of here.

"What are you doing? Are you crazy?"
Shehnaaz wanted to smack him on the head.

"You are avoiding me and I want to talk about you know what. So this is best I could do." Sidharth gave simple explanation with a smile.

"arrhh..kutta" Shehnaaz couldn't help the words coming out of her mouth.

Sidharth was shocked for a second and then started laughing. He was glad that her shell is breaking in front of him.

"Why are you laughing? Did I say anything funny?" Shehnaaz gave him angry glare while pouting.

Sidharth wanted nothing but to kiss her at that point but restrained himself.

"Shehnaaz, Baby, look at me" Sidharth took her face in his hands. "I know you feel guilty about what happened between us. I feel it too. But I cannot deny what I said that night was most truthful thing I ever said. I really don't know when it started and why but I like you Shehnaaz. Hell, I am sure it is more than like."

"Sidharth, I am with someone. What do you want me to do? Tell him that I cheated and I want to ruin our relationship because of the person I hardly talked in last 4 years. And what does it make me, Sidharth? If I can leave Ronak for you because of one kiss then how will you be able to trust me? How will I trust myself? If I can leave him for you what says I won't leave you for someone else. I will not become that person ever."

Shehnaaz pointed all her insecurities to him. She want him to understand where she is coming from. She wants to go back to being normal where she was not aware of what being with Sidharth felt like.

"Sana, you are not a cheater. I kissed you. I am to blame. And trust me when I say that you are most kind and innocent person I ever met. Yes, we hardly talked in last 4 years of working together but I think back of mind I always looked out for you. I always tried to make sure you are okay. I never even realized that I was doing it until Ronak came in the picture. Every time you blushed for him and touched him was torture for me. Unconsciously, you were always mine."

He took her in his arms and continued. "See, I feel like I am the only one who should be touching you. No one else. And trust me Shehnaaz in my life I never felt this way towards anyone else."

Shehnaaz kept her head on his cheat and signed. "But you are not answering my question Sidharth. How can I do this to him? He is so nice and cares about me too much. How will I tell him any of that?"

"Baby, Isn't it better to tell him now than lat.." they were interrupted by Shehnaaz's phone.

Shehnaaz looked at it and glanced at Sidharth. "It's my cousin. I have to take it. She never calls me unless it's something important"

Sidharth nodded and waited for her to take the call.

"Hello"

"Kya?"

"When" "Where is he now?"

"Send me the address I will be there as soon as possible."

Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz's worried face. "What happened Shehnaaz? Is everything okay?"

"Woh..Ronak...Ronak had an accident. I have to go. He is in hospital. I have to go now." Shehnaaz was too shocked to register what she is saying.

"Sana, Sana" Sidharth shook her couple of time and said "I will take you to hospital. Give me your phone. I will drive you..."

.....

2 days later

"How is he now?" Sidharth sat next to her on hospital bench and gave her a cup of coffee.

"Still in coma but Doctor said his minor injuries are healing"

"That's good. Sometime no news is a good news." Sidharth tried to make her feel better.

From last two days she left hospital only for couple of times to change her clothes. Otherwise she made the hospital her resting point.

"When is his family coming?" Sidharth asked

"They are still stuck in Canada. There are no flight for 3 more days."

Sidharth just nodded and both of them sat there silently drinking coffee.

"You should go Sidharth. I am not leaving him especially now." Shehnaaz was too exhausted to worry about anything right now. But this is something she had to deal with.

"I know and trust me I get that. I am here just as a friend, Shehnaaz. He need you right now but you also need someone to lean on. You can't do everything alone and your cousin can't be here all the time as well. I will not leave you alone." Sidharth said I definite tone.

He knew that whatever they could have had is put on a halt. He is not sure what future holds but he is not going to leave her alone in his tough time.

"Thank You, Sidharth" Shehnaaz gave him a thankful smile and got up to check up on Ronak.

"You don't have to thank me, Sana." Sidharth mumbled as he watched her walk away from him. To be on Ronak's side