Sanctuary: 4

It was a beautiful sunny day and Shehnaaz was sitting in the garden going through the recent news. It is been a month since Rajveer’s reality came out. After her initial shock on the first day, she took this news as a gift.

Not only he and his father is in jail but they also lost all of their money. All the people who used to help them around now denies having any relations with them. Like people say there is no honor among thieves.

Reading about their destruction in newspaper is working like a healing medication for her. She can’t get enough of it. 

On the other hand, her connection with Sidharth is growing day by day. She like to think they are at a stage where both of them can say anything freely to each other. He also respected her decision of not filing a report against Rajveer. He is going to endure lifelong sentence anyways. She just didn’t want to get more involved in it.

Sidharth did persuade her to start going to a therapist. The trauma that she is been through needs to be dealt with if she wants to move forward. To her amazement she already felt a little better after 2 sessions with Dr.Anjali. She did tell Shehnaaz that she have a long recovery ahead.

Shehnaaz also talked to her principle and explained everything to him. As expected, Mr. Malhotra was devastated and felt so much guilty. But Shehnaaz assured him that it was not his fault but circumstances were to blame. She can’t go back to that school. She just needs to away from anything related to her past at least for time being.

“Sana. What are you doing here? I was looking for you all over the house. I have a present for you.” Sidharth came outside in a garden with a basket in his hand.

“Sidharth, tu itni jaldi kaise aa gaya aaj. And I told you I don’t need more present. You have bought me enough stuff.” Shehnaaz got up from chair and made her way towards him.

“Sana yaar you will love it. This is last present. I promise.” Sidharth was feeling giddy to see her reaction to the gift.

Shehnaaz took a basket from him and opened the cover. She looked at the content of the basket and looked at Sidharth. She repeated the act couple of times.

“Believe it baby” Sidharth grinned.

There sat in the basket the smallest, most adorable, cutest puppy she even seen in her life. Shehnaaz quickly sat on the grass and took the munchkin out.

“Hi, Baby” Shehnaaz said sweetly to the pup. The adorable puppy just gave her confused look and started licking her face.

“He is from Bichon Frise breed. He is cute right?” Sidharth asked as he also sat down next to her.

Shehnaaz just nodded her head

Shehnaaz just nodded her head. All her attention was on the fluffy ball in her hand. This was the most amazing gift she ever received.

“Shehnaaz, Sana, Baby” Sidharth called Sana number of times but she was not even hearing him right now. Maybe I made a mistake by bringing the dog.

“SANA!!” Shehnaaz looked at Sidharth annoyingly.

“Chila kyun raha hai. My baby will get scared. Don’t shout.” Shehnaaz ordered.

“Sana let him down and move a little bit. He was in this basket from last 45 minutes.”

“Oh..Okay” Shehnaaz reluctantly let him go. The puppy started running around the garden exploring his new territory.

Shehnaaz then pulled Sidharth’s arms around herself and sat between in his legs. “Thank You, Sidharth. He is beautiful. He is mine now.”

Sidharth tighten his arms around her and got comfortable on the grass. It’s been a month since that night when he slept in her bed. After that they maintained physical distance except a hug here and there. But now that she initiated the physical closeness, Sidharth can’t help but savor the moment.

“He is yours baby. But first you need to name him.” Sidharth said softly.

“OMG yes we have to name him!! I know so many good names…” For next hour they sat in garden going through different names while topic of discussion was enjoying running around them.

“So it’s final we are going to call him, Bittu” He couldn’t take another minute of listening to her blabbering another ‘cute’ puppy name which included everything from ‘roti’, ‘pepsi’ and ‘gol gappa’.

“Yes his name is Bittu now.” Shehnaaz grinned at Sidharth and prepared herself to shout the name.