Indifference Part Three: 1

What if Shehnaaz and Sidharth are exes on Bigg Boss show and Sidharth is been dating other people on and off since break up. (Mostly in English)

Sidharth couldn’t believe after 3 years, he and Shehnaaz are on same show. A show where they have to live together in the same house. He didn’t think much about it before since he believes he is well and truly moved on in his life. He dated number of girls after her and actually had deep feeling towards one of them. But now looking at Sana as she introduce herself to everyone in the house, he is thinking maybe this was not a good idea. This can get really awkward really fast.

Only small number of people actually knew that they both were in relationship for a year. No one else in this show or outside knows about their history. Sid preferred to keep his life private. Even now no one knows much about his dating life. Media got hands on one person he was seeing recently and that’s because she was a big television industry name.

Sidharth is hoping to keep a lid on his history with Sana, otherwise people will analyze their each and every interaction. He decided to convey his thoughts to Sana before she displays any familiarity between them.

With that thought in mind he made his way towards Shehnaaz who was conversing with Asim and Arti. “Oh Sidharth, please come I will introduce you to housemates here. This is Asim and Shehnaaz.” Arti happily took a role of intermediate between Sidharth and other two.

“Hi Asim, Hi Shehnaaz, sorry I couldn’t hear much of your introduction on stage. So what do you guys do?” Sidharth asked hoping to convey his views regarding being strangers on show to Sana.

“Hi, I am Shehnaaz Kaur Gill. I am singer and model in Punjab.” Shehnaaz replied courteously.

Shehnaaz could always tell what Sidharth is thinking. After being with him for a bit more than a year she learned to read him quite well. She could see that he wants them to be a stranger. She somewhere also agrees since she wants people to know her for herself not Sidharth’s ex.

She’s gone through a lot in last couple of years and she didn’t want to be part of any type gossip or controversy right now. “Oh, so you work in Punjab that’s nice. What about you Asim?” Sidharth replied quickly and moved his attention to Asim intentionally.

Sana observed Sidharth as he talked with Asim and Arti. It’s been long time since she saw him face to face. She can’t put a finger on it but seems like he is changed somehow, maybe looks a bit rough around edges. But anyhow she knows she is still in love with him. Although it hurts less to see and think about him then before. 3 years was a long time to heal her scars from their relationship or maybe there are other bigger scars that replaced them. In any way, she is hoping to stay as far as she can from him. It’s better for both of them, mentally and emotionally.

“Excuse me guys. I’ll go and meet others.” With that Sana left trio and moved to others lot to introduce herself.

Throughout the introductions and Bigg Boss announcement, Sidharth kept one eye towards Sana. She was talking and joking with everyone, well everyone, except him. He never thought she will act indifferent towards him. He was hoping she will still talk to him in a similar manner as she is talking to everyone else. What he never expected was ignorance.

He signed and laid on his bed. Rashmi was his bed partner and frankly he was feeling little uncomfortable. He had no choice but to ‘obey’ Bigg Boss at least for now. His eyes automatically looked for Shehnaaz. A frown appeared on his face when he realized that she is partnered with Paras Chhabra. He saw them talking earlier and he didn’t feel comfortable with the way Paras was staring and flirting with Shehnaaz.

He knows he have no right but love or not, he always felt this protectiveness towards her. Even after all these years he can’t help himself but worry about her. It’s funny how it’s been ages since he even thought about her and now it feels like he never left. With that he closed his eyes and decided to worry about it when time comes.
….
Morning music provided well needed energy to Shehnaaz to start her day 1 in this house. So far she liked everyone in the house. Paras was trying to be extra friendly towards her but she dismissed it thinking it might be because they both are from Punjab.

She can also feel a pair of eyes following her everywhere. She is not sure why and what she can do about it. They both agrees to be indifferent towards each other and now he is pretty much stalking her.

“Mere se Baat bhi nahi karegi” Shehnaaz heard as he slowly made his way towards her. “I mean I know we are acting like we are strangers but baat toh kar sakte hai na.” Sidharth slowly mumbled right next to her ears so her ears to avoid it going through mic.

“What do you want to talk about?” Shehnaaz asked moving away a little. Staying close to him is not good for her very putty and weak heart.

“What are you been up to all these years, Bab… I mean Shehnaaz?”
“Nothing much Sidharth. Bas apne kaam mein busy rahti hoon. You tell me how’s everything? I saw couple of your shows. They were good.” Shehnaaz asked trying not to divulge in any serious conversation.

“Tuna dekhe mere show? Thanks yaar. Otherwise life is good. Nothing new bas ghar aur kaam mein busy”

“Okay that’s good” Sana replied as she had nothing else to say. They had a brief movement where both of them just sat there quietly. “Chal, I am leaving. I’ll talk to you later.” Sana said as she left from there quickly.

Sidharth felt really irritated with the way they both are interacting with each other. He thought he can take being stranger with Sana but this is not good at all. He is feeling like someone put heavy weight on his heart. She was his friend first and then lover, a friend who knows him better than everyone else. He is really missing his friend all of sudden. He signed and gave himself a pep talk to keep his emotion at bay 

Shehnaaz also told herself to stay away from him. She was suddenly angry at him. How could he think that she was going to talk normally with him? He broke her heart all those years ago. He never loved her. He didn’t want long term relationship. “Sana I don’t love you. What we have is great. Why do you want to spoil it? We like each other enough and we have great chemistry. Please just stop talking about love crap.” Shehnaaz still remember what he said word to word. He didn’t want marriage or children as well. There was no future with them. No way is she going let herself go into that blunder of heartache again. 

….

Two souls fighting with themselves. Doesn’t matter how much they try. Destiny will play it's on game.