I tried so hard to keep my mind on my work, but it was almost him possible with this Irish god sitting next to me. I could feel the awkward silence between us, like a thick fog that enclosed us in a bubble. I wanted so badly to break it and say something but I had no idea what to say.

Why don’t you ask him about the boys who took you home from that party?

Oh yeah? And say what? “oh hey Niall, have you got any idea who brought me home Friday night, I just want to thank them for not leaving me passed out on Zayn’s lawn” yeah that would really go down well! Like he would know anyway! He was probably just as pissed as you that night!

Okay, then ask him about his tutoring sessions with josh, see how they are going with him?

Sure, that wouldn’t make me look lonely and desperate at all *mental sigh*

I’m only trying to help!

Well, I’ve had enough of your ‘help’.

My mental argument didn’t help me come up with anything to talk with Niall about.

“Hey Louis” came an Irish angelic voice beside me. I looked over to see Niall smiling at me.

“H-hey” I stuttered. Damn it.

“I just wanted to tell you, that I, err, saw something, that I, err, thought you should know about?” he said kind of sad and flustered, he broke eye contact and looked down at the table.

“Oh?” I said, God he is damn cute when he is flustered.

“Y-yeah” he said. Blushing slightly, he furrowed his eye brows and looked up at me, “it’s just Eleanor.”

“What about Eleanor?” I said confused.

“I-I saw her, like” he swallowed visibly, lightly coughing. “Kissingjoshdevineattheparty” he blurted too quick for me to catch.

“Pardon?” I said, not really catching what he’d said. He sighed heavily and looked up at me, meeting my eyes. A sympathetic look covering his features, looking almost pained?

“I saw her kissing Josh Devine” He said nervously, “at the, err, party”

“Oh” I said in surprise, “I did wonder where she had disappeared off to”

he looked at me confused, “What?”

“That night, I was so pissed, mate, some guys had to take me home, Eleanor wasn’t with them, so I was kind of confused about what had really gone on with her,” I said. He looked at me even more confused.

“Wait, firstly, do you not care that your girlfriend was kissing another guy? And secondly what guys?” he said furrowing his eye brows titling his head slightly. Wow, He thought that Eleanor was my girlfriend?

I thought about it for a couple seconds, should I play off that she is, so it could make him jealous? Or should I just come clean about it? Then again, he might question about the fact I didn’t really react when he told me the news about her kissing another guy... okay I’m just going to come clean. I could never lie anyway.

“She’s not my girl friend. She just invited me to come with her to that party, something about not wanting to be alone because her ex-boyfriend would be there blah, blah.” I said, noticing the clear relief on Niall’s face when mentioning she wasn’t really my girlfriend, “and I don’t know who the guys were! My mum said I came home in a bad state and that one of them mentioned the other guys name is Harry?”

“Harry Styles?” he questioned.

“No idea!” I said, “but have them to thank for their kindness of not just leaving me there.”