27. Two Apologies

***

***

"Why are you forcing me into the woods?"

I glare at my dad as he drove me into some random part. It was raining outside so this was the last place I wanted to be at.

"How long has it been since you and Arthur had a normal conversation?" My dad questions me. I don't answer him because there was no point in answering that question.

I speak to him everyday. It's just not the sweet and loving things we usually do. Only the necessary things, especially around Ava and Isabella.

"Listen, you both can't avoid the truth at hand. Why stay mad at each other? You both are married and need to talk it out like a married couple. I understand that you two don't really fight anymore, but you can't act like it never happened. You both know it did - your actions are proof." My dad explains to me.

Right now I didn't really care.

"Arthur is mad at me. I'm mad at him too. Why talk to him when he thinks such thoughts about me?"

"I think you're thinking too deeply into his words." My dad chuckles, and that's when I see him stop.

I take notice of the tent that was propped up in the rain. That's when I glare at my dad, snorting.

"I don't want to camp with you. That's...weird." I shook my head at him.

"You're not camping with me, hell no." He shook his head wildly as if the thought of camping was horrendous.

I find myself gasping at the tap on the side of my window. When I look I see Arthur standing under an umbrella. He looked a little awkward, but I glance at my dad now.

"What is this?"

"Ask him. Get out my car." He says to me, and I frown when he unlocks the door. That's when it opens and Arthur extends his hand towards me.

I groan because I knew my dad wouldn't let me stay. That's when I grab Arthur's hand and step out under his umbrella. From there the door is closed and I stood beside Arthur.

We both watch my dad drive away now, leaving us two alone... In the woods.

"Did you plan this?" I question Arthur, and I look at him.

"No, my dad drove me here too. He told me to go in the tent or he'd force me in there. I thought I'd be alone...in the woods...at night." He tells me, grinning at me. "My...uh, my English is good now."

"I can tell. Are you angry or annoyed or something? That's the only time you are able to speak normally." I state as we walk to the tent now.

Once we get in I saw that it was set up pretty nicely. There was an air mattress that was already made, covered in blankets. I saw a table and a TV, a lamp on the right side of it. I was actually surprised by how nicely set up it was...