Vernal Equinox Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Do it. Give him a chance. Don't regret saying 'what if?' tonight."

"Maybe that's what you should be thinking." She stood up and walked to Boogey. They conversed and hit the dance floor together.

I thought about what she said and looked at Cupid. I smiled a little to myself. I stood up and walked through the mass of people to him. He was in the middle, Boogey's sister standing on his toes. "Mind if I cut in?" I asked.

He looked at me, kind of surprised, but looked even more surprised when I held my hand out to Desi. She smiled giddily and stood on my toes. He smirked at me and then grabbed my mom's hand, making me laugh and Mo look at him like he was crazy. "I'll return her shortly."

"I'm not a movie rental, Cupid," Mom said.

He laughed and Mo winked at her before going to get something to drink. We danced for the song and talked to each other casually. Once it was over, Boogey's mom took Desi and Mo and Mom continued dancing together. Cupid and I walked off the floor to the table on the side.

"I'm not the best dancer, at least not on grass," I said.

"And where are you a good dancer then?" he asked me.

I smiled. "You showed me how you do your job. Want me to show you how I do mine?"

"Sure."

We stood up and I led him to the lake in the park. I got on my knees and put my hands on the water. I focused, and the water turned to ice, but not all the way. Enough for the fish to still be alive. I formed some blades on the bottom of my shoes with ice, doing the same for Cupid. We stepped onto the ice and he nearly fell, but clenched my arm to support himself.

"I'm not the best ice skater," he confessed.

I laughed and bit my lip. I bravely took his hand and started to skate ahead of him, pulling him along, making him stumble a little bit. He got the flow of it but didn't even try to come up to me. Instead he jerked me backwards next to him and continued to hold my hand, which made me freak out on the inside but I acted like it wasn't a big deal. He let go and skated ahead of me - very swiftly and naturally.

"I thought you said you weren't a good skater," I called to him.

"Maybe I lied," he called back.

I smiled and skated to him. "Maybe?"

"Maybe. Or I maybe I wanted to hold your hand." He winked at me and skated around me. He then proceeded to do a fancy twirl I couldn't even muster up to do. He skated around me, circles being sketched into the ice. "I really hate you a lot less, Jack."

"That's good. I hate you less, too."

"You love me."

"How do you know?"

"Do you know?"

He stopped in front of me, looking down from his towering height. "Why should I tell you?"

Because if you don't know, then that could mean you really love me. "Why not?"

"Shut up." He untucked his shirt and started to unbutton it. He pulled it off and threw it to the side in the grass. If he ever had the chance, Cupid would take off his shirt every time. There other guys who were like that, too, who just had to be shirtless. He looked pretty incredible, his green pants matching his eyes. His skin was tanner and he was pretty much godly looking. Muscular, golden, green-eyed, gorgeous.

I was very tempted to just grab him by his waistband and kiss him, but then warm weather took its toll on the ice. It started to crack and I screeched but before we fell under the water I put my hands below me and built some more ice. Though since I was panicked I lost track of how tall it was. So it was quite a few yards above the ground.