Tuesday

Dear Jack,

I can see you in pain everyday, and it kills me. I never wanted to hurt you, and I hate myself more and more as the days go by knowing that you're in misery. I've broken your heart, and I'll have to pay for that soon. I know you keep saying it's not my fault, but it is. I just know it is. I wish you would believe me when I say that, because then you'd hate me, and leaving you would be so much easier if you hated me. That's right, I'm leaving. I don't want to put you in pain any more.

So I've decided that I'll be attending a boarding school miles away. Maybe the less you see of me, the more you can regain your happiness. I want you to smile and laugh again. God, your smile and your laugh. I'll miss them. Don't think I'll never think about you again. I'll always think about you, every day and every night. I'll miss you desperately, but I know you get swallowed away in misery every time you see me. I have to leave, but I'll always keep our memories. Always.

I'll remember you from head to toe, starting with your ivory locks of hair, remembering the times I run my fingers through them. I'll remember your delicate, porceline skin, how its coldness felt so good against my heat. I'll miss your hands and fingers, the way they fit so perfectly in mine. I'll remember your eyes, their icey blue colors and the way they made me feel so incredible. I'll miss your lips, the way they felt so perfectly against mine...I'll miss our talks with your sweet voice, the conversations that went on endlessly. The walks we had, the dates we had, the times we made love, our laughs, everything. I'll remember it all, and I'll truly miss it.

I don't know why this has to happen to us Jack, but it has. Please, remember that you'll fall in love with someone. Someone you're meant to be with. Please just think of this as an obstacle we're both suppose to overcome. It's the only thing I'm asking of you, and I hate asking you of things when I've wrecked your emotions to pieces. You will be happy again Jack. I promise you. So please, overcome this.

And please, don't forget me and the times we had. I want you to grow from this, not block it out. Remember the things about me that I'm going to remember about you. Most of all, remember that I still love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Yours Truly,

Cupid

*****

I basically memorized his letter, and I could just imagine him reading it in his voice. I held it to my chest. It had been two weeks, and he had left yesterday. I was still a wreck. I felt so lost and empty. I couldn't pay attention to the teachers and I was sick - emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually. I had to miss school because I was throwing up so often. My mom called Bigfoot because he's the doctor in town, and he came in with Santa and the other town officials. They were deeply concerned about me. They knew nothing of the fact that Cupid and I had been together.

"I know the reason," Bigfoot said.

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"He has a broken heart."

"What?"

"Is that even real?"

"Yes it's actually real. I believe he should be started on therapy soon, otherwise it could overtake him."

"How? What's he broken hearted over?"

"Leave it," Mo said, knowing I couldn't bring up Cupid.

"Who do you recommend Doctor?" Mom asked.

"I'll have to check into it Mrs. Moon."

"I don't know any therapists near here."

"Me either. Wait-"