Vernal Equinox Part 1

"I honestly don't want to go, but this is also a moment when I can get some help finding couples."

"So you said you know who's going to fall in love, just not who with right?"

"Right. I know that one person is going to fall in love with somebody, but I don't know who that person is."

"And you can feel love right?"

"Yeah. If it's strong, like with the twins, it's almost calling me."

"I should stop thinking about it all."

Cupid smirked over at me. "Yeah. You should."

We were leaning against the window sill, him outside and me inside. His head was against his arms which were agains the window, same with mine, and we were looking at each other but not really because I had a hard time looking at him for a long time since I blushed so much. He climbed into my room and sat in the chair in the corner and I lied down on the bed.

"My parents are so stale."

"Stale?"

"Yes. They act like they're in love but they're not. I just don't get why my parents are in a sham relationship."

"Do they fight at all?"

"Kind of. Lately they've been fighting more."

"Sorry."

He looked at me like he felt sorry, though. "Do you mind if I talk about my parents? Since your dad and all."

"It's fine. It's better than having you bully me."

"I never bullied you."

"Yeah you did."

"I told you truth."

"But I didn't care to hear it, and it really hurt, and it's not true."

He sighed and closed his eyes. We would never agree about who was right and who was wrong. I didn't find any truth in what he was saying and he didn't find any in mine.

"Let's just agree to disagree."

"Fine."

I pulled the blanket over me, because even in the hottest of weather I liked to snuggle with a blanket. I kicked my legs from under though to get comfortable. "Will you talk?"

"How about you just ask me to tell you a story, because that's what you're asking like you're a kid."

"Will you tell me a story then, Cupid?"

"Fine." He propped his legs up on the tabled and put his hands behind his head. "About what?"

"A couple of gay guys."

He smirked. "Fine. Let's see...Oh, this is one of my favorite stories. There was this guy and he was only nineteen, it happened last year. Actually he was eighteen, but he was a housekeeper. He only ever worked when the family wasn't there and they weren't there a lot. Though they had a son who was nineteen and was in college. He still lived with his parents because the campus was really small and just a few blocks away. Though after a few weeks of the housekeeper, Marcus, worked there the son, Frances, finally met him. He knew he had a housekeeper but he never met him. He thought it was a girl, and even when he first met Marcus he thought he was a girl. He was in the bathroom cleaning, and since no one normally saw him he'd wear clothes he was comfortable in. So he wore these black shorts that were really short but they weren't tight. They were loose and flared out and had a tight waistband and he'd tuck in a shirt with them. Anyway, the reason why I mention that is because as he was cleaning the bathroom, he was on his knees and bending over, his but right in the air. Frances walked in and only got a glimpse of his ass and said, 'If I knew my housekeep had such a nice ass I'd stay home more often.' Marcus just blushed a lot and looked like he saw a ghost. He never dated anyone before. It was really funny because he told Marcus to keep cleaning as he decided to take a shower andleave the curtain wide open. I mean, Marcus was as red as a tomato. Though the story is interesting because I shot them with an arrow that very day. They talked for hours and they had that moment of true love so quickly. They were really nice together. Marcus was really small and girly. Frances was big and manly. They..."

I fell asleep after that part, sleeping quietly.

I woke up and Cupid's feet were right by my face. Some how, they smelled like cinnamon. Really, they did. I sat up and stretched, glad that we didn't have to go to school today because of Ostara. The barbeque was at noon and it was extremely old-fashioned. At about three, all the men would go off and do man things (smoke and drink, but now they just talk) and the girls would go tale naps but they mostly gossiped and did girl things. Then after the little break they'd change (not so much now) and we'd have the rest of the party. That's the way they use to do it, and it's tradition.

"Jack - oh." Mom came in and noticed Cupid.

"Hi Mom," I mumbled.

"Cupid's parents were looking for him and they asked me if you knew anything."

"Yeah...he just came over."

"My parents are hard to handle," Cupid said into the pillow.

I shrugged. She didn't know I was gay, so she couldn't make a big deal about it. If she did know, she'd freak. "Here he is."

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, sighing. It sounded like he really didn't want to go home.

"Do you wanna stay for breakfast?" I offered.

He looked at me, a little relieved. "Yeah, thanks."

Mom let us pass by her as we went down the hall into the kitchen. I made us some pancakes with blueberries, very thin ones because I didn't like the thick kind. I put some syrup on them and gave him two, myself one. We sat at the table and talked about the barbeque. He said he wasn't going with anyone because he never asked anyone and was lucky no one asked him this year (apparently he said he was going with someone, so that's probably why they didn't ask). I told him I never went with anyone.

"Do you want me to make some pancakes for you Mom?" I asked once she entered.

"No thank you," she said, but instead got herself some orange juice.

There was a knock on the door and the kitchen is right by the living room so I could see the person on the other side of the screen door. It was Mo and he let himself in. Mom got him a glass of orange juice as well and Cupid looked at them intently. They talked about the barbeque and Cupid kept focusing on them. They didn't seem to notice he was there at all.

"What're you looking at?" I asked quietly.

"I'm just seeing how things are between them," he told me.

I looked at Mom and Mo. "Why?"

"They might fall in love."

"What?"

"Well, they have been dating."

"What! Mom, since when have you two been dating?" I asked, facing her.

"For a little over a week I suppose," she said casually.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you knew. Everyone else did."

"Who do you think your mom was partying with on St. Patrick's Day?" Cupid asked.

"What?"

He shrugged. "Everyone else knew."

"Are you okay with that honey?" Mom asked.

"Of course not! Nobody tells me anything!"

"She means are you okay with them dating," Cupid said.

I shot him a glare but said to Mom, "Yeah, I don't care. Just tell me things more, Mom."

"I will dear."

"I gotta go," Cupid said, standing.

"Me, too," Mo said and handed Mom the bag he had with him. "See you later." He kissed her cheek and started to head towards the door with Cupid.

"Bye!" he called and the two left.

"I'm going to shower," I said.

"Let me shower first Jack. You take forever."

I groaned inwardly. I did take a long time. I was such a girl when it came to showers...and a lot of stuff. I really am gay. "Fine." Once she was done showering I took my time taking my shower, using my best lotions and shampoos. I dried off, did my hair, and then put on my new shirt, dark blue pants, and blue flats. I rolled up my sleeves and thought I looked pretty decent. I came out to find Mom in the living room wearing a baby blue dress that matched her eyes. She looked incredible. Mo smiled when he picked her up at eleven since they had to be there early. Eventually, Mary and Lady came over to get changed. They already showered and did their makeup, but wanted to come to my place so we could all leave together.

Mary donned her blue dress, her hair in a French and fancy bun, blue earrings dangling down to show her neck. Lady put on her pink dress and left her hair down, her cheeks looking naturally rosy. We waited for the guys, talking about nothing, and they finally arrived. Drake wore a dark red button-up with his black pants, very casual. Boogie (who wasn't really Lady's date but practically was) wore his bright white pants and light blue button up, sleeves pushed up. He also had on a light blue mask to match his shirt. He looked very springy. Cupid was joining us as well and he looked really good in his dark green pants and white button up, chest show, sleeves pushed up. We all left together, and I couldn't help but think how I kind of looked like Cupid's date since Drake and Mary were dates and Lady and Boogie were unofficial dates.

"Purple?" he asked.

"No. It's obviously lavender," I stated. "Or a light violet. Violet with white added to it, to create a violet tint."

"I get it. Your mom looked really pretty."

"Yeah. She's a fox."

It was a nice day, nice for me at least. It was cloudy and breezy and wonderful. We went to the garden behind the capitol building, which was massive and beautiful. That was one thing I did like about warm weather. The flowers. All beautiful. There were table set up around and chairs in various places, but the ground was nice enough to sit on. Boogey, Lady, and I sat on the ground under the cherry blossom tree. Drake and Mary were off on their own, looking like they were really enjoying each other.

"I'll go get us some drinks," I said, to let Boogey and Lady have some alone time, since he was so awestruck by how pretty she looked.

"You look really pretty today. I mean, you always do..." he was saying as I walked away.

I went to one of the tables and started to pour some juice into some cups.

"I think it might start to rain," Cupid said, coming up next to me.

"Good. I really want it to," I told him.

"Why? Is it 'cause I'm wearing white? You pervert."

I just gave him a look like he was the pervert. "Are you flirting with me?"

"I think you're flirting with me."

"I think I'm just sarcastic and sassy."

"I think you're full of it."

"You think a lot."

"If only I could say the same for you."

"You're a tease."

He shrugged.

"Take these." I handed him two cups and carried two of my own. We walked back over to the tree and Lady or Boogey weren't there. "Where'd they go?" I asked and looked around.

"Who?"

"Lady and Boogey."

He shrugged again. He sat two on the little table next to the tree and sat down. I sat down next to him and he took one of the drinks. "What're you doing during the little break?" he asked me.

"I don't know. Going home and taking a nap?"

"I think you should come with me."

"Where to?"

"To see something amazing happen."

"What's that?"

He smiled at me. "The process of a couple falling in love."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tah dah!

Dedicated to a fan of mine who has commented often on this story and has voted for it, too. I usually dedicate chapters to fans who comment and vote and go all out, plus a lot of them have read a bunch of my other stories and leave comments and vote for those, too. So thank you :)

Enjoy!