Afternoon Part II

Afternoon Part II After our first kiss, that's all we did basically. Kiss. Once the sun went down we started to kiss again, and it was timid and awkward like most kisses that are new between two people, but after a while we got comfortable and natural. So we couldn't help but shove out tongues down each others throats a bit. We climbed back into the tree house and kissed some more, too, until we kissed so much we tired ourselves out and fell asleep. Though I think we might've kissed in our sleep since we fell asleep with our lips still locked, and I woke up with him kissing me tenderly. So I kissed him back and we kissed that morning until we both got hungry. We were definitely keeping our relationship a secret. Duh, but we were just going to keep our friendship on the down-low, meaning we'd try to avoid being seen together too much. Though since a lot of people were tired and hungover, there weren't many people out that morning.

We went to a diner where only the old people were out with their grandkids, since only old people and little kids woke up that early. Besides us, of course, but that's only because the sooner we ate the sooner we could make out some more. We ordered some food and then sat and talked.

"I don't think my mom would mind," I said. "She said she likes you."

"Really?" he asked, genuinely surprised. "I always felt like your mom hated me for some reason."

"No, she said she liked you and knew you didn't get me drunk. I'm not that innocent. She said it was my own stupid fault."

He smirked. "You make up for it by being cute."

"That's what she told me."

He laughed. "Did your dad have white hair?" he asked.

"Yeah, we all did."

"When did he become the Jack Frost?"

"He was twenty-four. That's when his dad died. I'm one of the only ones who've done so young. We have to do it once the original Jack Frost dies. My grandfather became it when he was forty. One of them never got to do it. He died when he was like fifty and his dad was seventy-something but outlived him. So once his dad died the grandsom had to do it." I shrugged. "It's not hard. I mean, I guess it's hard to deal with all the people. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if he were still alive. I feel like people would hate me less."

"Probably. I don't know."

"The Frosts have never been popular, so I don't know either."

"Yeah, what's the story with your mom and dad? Didn't they hate each other?"

"No, the families just hated each other. They acted like they hated each other but they'd always smile when they insulted each other. They flirted all the time, but then my mom was crying one day because her mom had died and so she was to become Mother Winter, and he comforted her and they hit it off. That's what she told me. I don't know if it's true or not." I looked up at him. "People can fall in love twice, right? Like, have more than one soulmate?"

"It's really rare, but it has happened before."

I nodded. "I like Mo, so I hope it happens with my mom."

"I think it will. I'm not sure. I can't tell how your mom feels."

"What? You-" I stopped talking when the waitress brought us our food. I said thanks and then continued with, "You can't? Why?"

He looked at me flatly.

"Okay, I know. You're connected to her in some way."

"My dad wasn't able to tell how either of your parents felt."

"Wait - what? Then how does he know they were meant to be?"

"He guessed."

It was my turn to stare. "What?" I asked. "He..."

"He was horrible at his job, Jack. He's ruined more lives than me, and I had to clean up the mess. All these couples that didn't love each other got stuck with one another and had kids and these kids are messed up. If two people who don't love each other truly have a kid, then the kid ends up with some defect - emotionally, I mean. Like, they can't love anyone or they love too many people, they're too emotional, just bizarre things happen to them. Sometimes, these people aren't affected by arrows, and so they go on and make someone fall for them when they shouldn't and so their soulmate does the same and so on and so on. When I see that someone's soulmate is off and marry, then I usually put two silver arrows in their eyes."

"So they're blind?"

"No, not with humans. With people like us, then yeah they'd be blind because they can actually see and feel my arrows. Humans can't. Though they'd just hate everyone and wouldn't ruin anyone else's lives. I have to sacrifice them for others, and deep down I think if they knew about me then they'd be willing to sacrifice themselves."

"You're job sucks."

He smirked. "Yeah, it really does," he said. "There's just so much that goes into it. I hate it. I mean, if I stopped doing my job, then things would be hectic for a while, but then people would learn for themselves. They don't need me."

I nodded. "Let's talk about something else. Something happier."

"Like what?" he asked.

"I don't know. Me and my cuteness."

He smiled at me in a way every girl wants a guy to smile at her. "Fine. I think you look so much like a girl it's cute."

"I look like a girl?"

"Absolutely, but that's not a bad thing. I prefer the girly type of guys."

"Plus I have a cute butt."

"You do. Who knows what I could do to it?"

"Shut up you pervert."

"Are you done eating? Hurry up. I would love to go back to the tree house soon."

"Fine." I stuffed the food in my mouth and he just laughed at me.

"Even when you eat like a pig you still look cute." He wiped some syrup off of my face and once we finished eating we went back to the tree house and kissed my, occasionally talking about how cute we were. Though once the afternoon started to fade to the evening, I decided it was time for me to go home. We had a ten minute long goodbye kiss and agreed that he should come over later at night. We departed ways and once I walked into my house I remembered what he said about his dad and my parents.

He guessed, which meant my parents just might not have been meant for each other. The thought scared me. If they weren't meant for each other, then something could be wrong with me.

"Where have you beem?"

I jumped at my mom's voice.

"You okay?"

Did she really love Dad? Did he love her?

"Jack?"

"Did you really love Dad?" I blurted out.

"What?" she asked. "Of course I did."

"Are you sure? Did you ever doubt it? You have to be honest with me Mom."

"Sweetie, what's gotten into you?"

"Tell me Mom." I looked at her pleadingly. I don't want to mess up anyone's love life.

"Well, there were times when something didn't feel right."

"Did you fell like he didn't love you or something?"

"No, he definitely loved me, but I think he loved me more than I loved him to be honest. Why do you want to know?"

"Do you really think you two were meant for each other? If you had the chance to choose again, if you had known Mo in your youth, would you have chosen Mo or Dad?"

"Jack, I-"

"Please just answer it."

"Well, I'd probably have chosen Mo."

That was it. That's what made me know my parents weren't meant to be together. My mom doesn't have more than one soulmate in the rare case that it's possible. No, she should be with Mo. She shouldn't have been with Dad. So...what's wrong with me?

"Are you okay honey? You look like you're about to be sick." She led me to the couch and sat me down. "I did love your father, Jack, but it is true that I don't think we were meant to be together. We got on well with each other, but it wasn't the love I think we should've had."

"But..."

"But what?"

If they never got together, I wouldn't have been born. So, if they weren't suppose to be together, and Mom's suppose to be with Mo, then who was Dad suppose to be with? Am I really suppose to be with Cupid, or am I so defected I'll ruin his life?

"Jack? What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing," I told her. "Nothing, Mom. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking about stuff."

"You scare me when you think, Jack." She smiled at me and kissed my head. She walked down the hall and the scariest question came to my mind. Since she didn't really love Dad, does she really love me?

***********************************************************

"Man it's hot."

"Yeah."

"You okay?"

I looked up at Cupid. He just came in through the window and was wiping sweat off his forehead. "Yeah."

He lied down next to me in bed. "No you're not. What's wrong?"

"Well, I dsicovered my mom wasn't meant for my dad."

"What?" he asked, shocked.

"I asked her if she'd rather have Mo or my dad and she said Mo. I think they're meant for each other, and I don't know about Dad. So I have some defect then and I don't know what it is."

"No, Jack, you probably don't have one. Not every kid ends up with a defect. It's mostly in humans anyway."

"Do you think being gay is a defect?"

"What? No."

"Do your parents love each other?"

He was silent.

"See? I think we both have defects and I think it's the fact that we're gay."

"Kiss me."

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

I smiled, a little less defeated. "No. You kiss me."

He smirked. "No."

I stuck my tongue out at him. He stuck his out at me and pressed his tongue against mine. I smiled and we kissed deeply. I loved kissing. It was a very marvelous thing to do. I sat on top of him, my legs cradling his waist like I was a jockey on a horse (just without forward and backward jerking motion going on). He flat out grabbed my butt, making me laugh. We rolled around on the bed, kissing and giggling. I was surprised he wasn't really making any moves to rip my pants off. He would joke about it, but I think he really wanted to, but was waiting for me. A big part of me was like, "Get naked!" but then there was this little part of me saying, "You can wait for a better moment." So we just kissed. I felt that we could maybe fool around or something, but figured we could take things slow (even though a certain member of my body was telling me to go fast and faster and so raging-hard fast).

We fell asleep, and I intended on having him leave before Mom woke up, but we ended up waking up in the middle of the afternoon. I woke up to mom shaking me awake, and I found Cupid and I in that same jockey-horse position, one hand on my butt.

"Cupid," she said, snapping her fingers, but he did that stupid thing and shoved her hand away. He didn't know, but Mom didn't take that crap. She slapped his cheek the way she would've if I had shoved her hand away.

He sat up, mumbling, "Shit," which was also a big no-no.

She slapped the back of his head and he sat up all the way, which I think he might've regretted because my butt was right over his crotch. Though he didn't move when Mom just looked us two.

"Mom doesn't like cussing, and she doesn't take crap from anyone," I whispered to him.

"You've slept in too long. It's almost one o'clock. Get out of bed and have some lunch."

"Okay," I told her. Once she left I smiled at Cupid.

"I like your mom," he told me.

"Like? You don't like things Cupid."

"I figured I'd try some of that hip-cool-fab lingo you people use."

I laughed and wrapped my legs around him. I leaned back against his knees that were brought up and moved my hips a little, because I just couldn't stop myself from teasing him a little. He looked at me flatly and slid his hands up my thighs. How much kissing did you have to do before you could go a little farhter? He pulled me up and started to kiss me deeply, a little roughly, too.

"What the hell did I tell you? Go get some freaking lunch."

"Shit," Cupid said once Mom started to smack him with a dish rag. She smacked me and I muttered, "Damn," so she kept smacking us until we made it to the kitchen.

We sat at the freaking table and ate our freaking lunch. Mom was mumbling stuff under her breath about us, but overall we were laughing because Mom was quite the character, and even if she didn't love me because I was Dad's - I'd still love her forever.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

So...some more plot development will be coming your way, that's not just about their relationship but it is but it isn't.

I dedicated this to someone that's writing a story that I actually like! I'm really really picky about the stories I read because I've read so many good ones it's hard to find one I like! It's called Following the Rules and is about a troubled jock who likes a little emo boy. It sounds like a stereotypical story, but she makes it her own and I love the characters, so go ahead and give it a whirl! Also, go and read my newest message on my board. If you don't like homophobes then you'll appreciate the message! Sexy Cupid slideshow to the side! Not all of them are Arthur Sales, but just mix all those guys together and that's the ever-so sexy Cupid for you! Comment, read, vote, etc. Thanks!