Vernal Equinox Part 2

"I have a question."

"Haven't you asked me everything already?"

"No. Why do you become 'the' Cupid at different ages?"

He smirked. "It's when we start puberty."

"What?" I asked, laughing.

"It's when we hit puberty."

"You hit puberty that young?"

"Yeah."

"I guess that's why all the men in your family are big." I hit puberty later than most guys, which is why I was smaller, but for some reason I was naturally feminine looking, too. "Where are we going?"

"Hold on."

We walked out of the back yard of the capital building where the barbeque was at and into the park right behind the garden. He led me through the play sets to the gazebo by the lake. He then climbed into a tree and sat on the branch, hiding himself. He reached out a hand and easily pulled me up so I was sitting in front of him.

"Well?" I asked.

"Hold on."

I held on and eventually I heard some noises. I saw Mary and Drake walking up to the gazebo, laughing and holding hands. They leaning against a post and started to make out. I turned my head and looked at Cupid. "You pervert."

"Sh," he said. "Just wait."

They continued to make out and grope each other there for a long time, me being bored since well...it wasn't two guys. It was kind of gross because they were all over each other, practically having sex. I was very bored, so I lied forward on the branch, and since it was big enough I only had to have one leg hanging off. Then something decided to happen - finally.

"Mary," Drake said.

"What?" she asked.

"I never told you this, but...I'm crazy about you."

"Y-You're crazy about me?"

"Yeah. I mean, I know we've bickered before, but I love doing that with you. It's fun, and the fact that we don't hate each other after means we can..."

"What're you saying?"

"What the hell do you think I'm saying?"

"I...really?"

He smiled. "Yes. Really. I want to be with you. I've always wanted to be with you."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I don't know."

They looked at each other lovingly, and as they did so, Cupid leaned forward on one knee, crouching over me. He set his bow in front of me and I looked up at him as he concentrated. I blushed a little since he was practically mounted over me, but was also fascinated by his concentration. I looked to Mary and Drake. Once they kissed, he aligned his bow with two arrows and shot them, hitting Mary and Drake, neither of them noticing. He looked at them and just stared for a while. When he seemed content, he sat back up. He hopped out of the tree and motioned for me to jump. I jumped and he caught me, sitting me down gently. We tip-toed away from them and back to the barbeque.

"So that's how you do it?" I asked.

"Yep."

"Well, it's nice to see them together. It makes me eager for the future...if that'll ever happen to me."

"Will you quit doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Acting like your life is horrible and that your life will forever be horrible."