Date Night Part II

I didn't want to look impressive. I still didn't like the idea of going on dates, especially with Darcy. There was something off about him. It was the look in his eyes. I didn't know what it was, but maybe I was just finding excuses. I put on some black capris and a white cardigan.

"Do you have a date?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Did the doctor set you up with him?"

"No. He's some guy I met up north. He's like - in love with me or something."

"What?"

"I don't know. He was like super excited to finally meet me. He said he loves snow."

"Well that's good."

"I guess."

She smiled at me sympathetically. "Come here. The baby's kicking."

I smiled at sat next to her. I put my hand on her torso and felt a little kick. I was at my happiest when I was alone with one family member or a friend. If it was Mom and Mo, I'd be happy they were together, but it would remind me of Cupid. If I was alone with Mom or alone with Mo, I'd be really happy. If I was with Mary and Drake, it would also remind me of Cupid, the same with Lady and Boogey. I'm gay enough I can have a girl's night with Mary and Lady but still a guy so I can have a guy's night. That's always fun and I'm not reminded of Cupid.

There was a knock on the door and I sighed.

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun," Mom said.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye Mom."

"Bye sweetie."

I opened the door and stepped outside, quickly shutting it. "Hi Darcy," I greeted.

"Hey Jack," he replied. "I hope you don't mind visiting the humans."

"No, not at all," I said, but a part of me didn't want to. Cupid and I spent too much time with them. We went all around their world, but luckily Darcy took me to a place I had never been to before. We went to a cafe and he ordered us two beers. I really wasn't in the mood to drink, but I don't think he even knew how old I was.

"So, are you excited you'll be able to make it snow soon?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"I heard you get to make it snow earlier this year. What's that about?"

"Oh, they just figured they could boost my spirits."

"Oh really? Something bad happen?"

I shrugged. "Sort of."

"Don't want to talk about it I see. I also heard you get to snow in some places where it hasn't snowed in years - or ever."

"Yeah, like closer to the equator I get to."

"Wouldn't it be cool to make it snow every where? I think that would be beautiful. To cover all those people in snow."

"I guess. I don't think the people would like it."

"Nonsense. Maybe they could adapt to it. Don't you think humans could adapt to everything? We could live on without interacting with them in anyway. Maybe it could be better if they just didn't exist to us. They could go without the tooth fairy, Santa, Father Time, Cupid-"

"Cupid? How could they be able to fall in love and know it's real?"

"It's not that hard." Liar. It's so hard to know. His job is the most difficult one out there. "They could adapt. We could all adapt."

"I don't know. That sounds pretty disasterous."

"Well, I am kind of a disasterous guy. I feel bad for humans. They're so weak compared to us."

"Sh, people are gonna think you're a freak if they hear you," I scolded.

"Sorry," he laughed. "Though do you ever feel bad about making it snow? Some people really don't like it. It's dangerous, too, but of course the heat is just as dangerous."

"I do sometimes."

"Don't," he told me. "Humans are kind of like our experiments. There's billions of them. What's one person? One town? One thousand?"

A family member. A lover. A friend. Humans were weaker than us, but that was physically. We had powers. They had more things to look forward to. They were growing. We've been stuck in the same position for centuries. We had magic, but they had magical moments. What did we have? I was jealous of humans. I wanted to be normal. I didn't want to be the way I was. They cared about school and relationships and work and family. We were worried about them. They were our major concerns. Our minor concerns were their major ones. How pathetic.

I wasn't sure about Darcy. The way he talked about humans...it was like they were flies you just kill any day. He didn't care that he caused thousands of deaths by causing disasters. He was so charming, but yet he was a freak. The date ended quickly, but not because of me. He was simply taking me out to dinner and that was it. We talked, but I didn't say much. He tried to kiss me, but I turned my head and he kissed my cheek, which made him look pretty pissed. I ran inside the house before he could really say anything.

"How was it?" Mom asked, sitting at the table.

"He's weird Mom," I said.

"Jack."

"But he is! He doesn't like humans, Mom. He doesn't care if he kills them. They're like insects to him."

She frowned. "What's his name?"

"Darcy."

"Darcy what?"

"I don't know, but I don't think I want him hanging around me Mom."

"Okay. Don't worry about him."

I told Darcy I was busy and couldn't go out. I said I had therapy. He believed me, but I didn't really want him to. I wanted him to get the picture without me saying so. I told him I couldn't go out a second time without explaining, and he still didn't get the picture. One day, I was walking along the street to the park because I just wanted to go on a walk, which Heath recommended. It was a mistake.

"Hi Jack."

"Hi Darcy," I replied flatly.

"How have you been?"

"Fine."

He looked at me and it made me thoroughly creeped out. "Out walking huh?"

"Yep."

"Mind if I join you?"

"Uh, I was just-"

"Jack," he said. "Stop."

"Stop what?"

"Stop trying to reject me."

On the inside I was freaking out. I remained calm on the inside. "I'm not rejecting you. I...fine. I don't really like you like that."

"That's all you had to tell me. I'm fine with it. I know I'm weird and all, but just tell me." He smiled at me.

"Okay. Uh, sorry. I'll, uh, see you around then."

"Bye Jack," he said, but didn't walk away.

I started to walk away, saying, "Bye." When I was a few yards away I looked over my shoulder. He was still there, looking after me. I walked home briskly and called for Mom the second I stepped in the house.

"Jack? What is it?" Mom asked.

"It's that Darcy guy Mom. He showed up the park and just really freaked me out." I was a little hysteric.

"Oh it's okay sweetie. Mo and I went to the Capitol building and asked about him. They said he caused disasters that they didn't allow because he enjoyed seeing the humans in pain. So they took his powers away. They're on the hunt for him now so you don't have to worry."

"What did he want from me?"

"They said that he had frequently tried to manipulate people to cause disasters."

He had been talking about covering the whole world in snow. I shuddered. "He's so scary."

"Don't worry about him. They'll get him soon. They sent him up north to stay there, and the only way he could come back was with another person. I'm guessing he somehow tagged along with you when you came back."

"Are you sure I don't have to worry?"

"I'm sure."

They didn't catch him. He quickly hid or ran away once he knew they were coming for him. I discovered that his name meant dark, and he's known for causing many disasterous for the humans. He caused all sorts of hurricanes, floods, tornados, and other instances where thousands of people died. He was born with the powers, which was unheard of. Mother Nature and Mr. Green were the ones that had caused the disasterous before hand. So when they heard of a hurricane happening they had no idea where it came from. More disasters kept happening, but they didn't know where it came from. That's when the surprising thing came along. Cupid was the one who discovered Darcy was the reason disasters were happening. He was only fourteen, but he was still pretty big at fourteen, and Darcy was only sixteen at that time. Cupid spent time with the humans more than anyone, so it wasn't surprising it was him. He caught Darcy and the capitol members punished him. They took away his powers in a way that my mother won't tell me about, too. I know if angels misbehave then they get their wings ripped out, and if demons can't handle being on our land, they have to go to the underworld. There are other punishments likes that, and if I misbehave then snow is post-poned like it was, but if I was to be deadly, then I they'd have to take my powers away by freezing me, which for some reason takes them away.

So, even though he didn't have his disaster powers, apparently he had more powers. He had the ability to take other people's powers. They said he was using me because he wanted to cover the entire world in snow - which could happen. It's just in the warmer areas you would have to probably create huge clouds and check in on them more to prevent the snow from stopping since it would melt faster. They also told me he tried to go after others, but everyone else told him to buzz off because they weren't in a situation like me. They didn't have to go on dates with people to get over the love of their life. Most of the girls were creeped out by him and the guys just beat them up. They said I was the perfect pawn in his game. That really freaked me out of course.

For the last week of September I was pretty freaked out. Though October rolled around and no one had seen Darcy at all. I was also getting happier. Well, not happy, but again - I was becoming very content with being miserable. I didn't die a little inside when I saw a couple together. Instead I just remembered the good times with Cupid. I was kind of crazy because I acted like Cupid died instead of broke up with me. It made it easier. If he was dead, then it could still have been true. So I was also a little in denial. Why wouldn't I be? I had never felt such love for one person in my entire life - and I knew I never would have. Plus, everyone was being kind to me. At first, I just rolled my eyes at the people who thought they could be nice to me after being mean to me, but I forgave them. So it was nice. They really sympathized with me.

They even decided to welcome snow, but I thought about the conversation Cupid and I had, about sacrificing. He gave up so much just for the sake of humanity. He truly loved humans, more than anyone. More than humans themselves. He cared about them so much. He gave up a lot for them, and that's another reason why I really loved him. Like I had said to him - he could give me up for them. I would be fine with it, and it got me thinking. People really didn't like snow. I loved it, but why force snow on people when they didn't want it? It's like when Cupid and I went to the human world. There were some humans who tried to force heterosexuality on us, force their "religion" on us. I didn't like it, and so I decided not to make it snow.

"Are you sure Jack?" Mr. Green asked when I told him and Mother Nature my decision.

"Yeah," I said. "I mean, I'll make it snow where people like it to snow, but in a lot of places they don't like it."

Him and Nat looked at each other, smiling. "Well next year," Nat said. "Go ahead and make it snow where ever. You gave it up this year. Everyone else can give up warmth next year."

I smiled. "Thanks," I said, and hugged them.

On my way home, I sighed, feeling pretty good. I thought about writing a letter to Cupid, telling him I wouldn't be miserable if I saw him around anymore. I wanted to be on speaking terms again, be friends. Maybe I could help him find his real true love, because he probably has one and I don't. Though before I could even get home - a sharp object was pounded against my head, clouding me in darkness.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hey! It's an update! Le gasp!!! Sorry for slow updates. School started again and I haven't been on a good sleeping schedule, but I decided to skip the nap and finish this!

And NO! Jack! NOOOOO!

Though this chapter sucks :p A lot happens, but I didn't want it to happen this soon. So bleh. And it's really short, so sorry. Whatever. Update tomorrow hopefully! And I think this story just might have a sequel! MAYBE. I have to decide how I want to do things. Brainstorming time!

Dedicated to le awesome fan for le commenting le on le this le story. So le thanks!

Comment and vote please!

Thanks :D