•°³²°• Come Back Home

•°³²°• Come Back Home─✵─────────

Jeongguk scurried through the thinning crowd of the Red Deer, his feet hurried and his mind a chaos of thoughts

Jeongguk scurried through the thinning crowd of the Red Deer, his feet hurried and his mind a chaos of thoughts. His eyes searched the crowd for a familiar face but he could see none. The music was still loud and banging, and some people were still on the dance floor even at 2.00 a.m. Most were slouched on bar tools and sofas, drunk, passed out or making out. He halted in the middle of the area with sofas and searched for Taehyung. But no avail, there was no trace of the boy.

It hadn't taken him five minutes to arrive at the club, driving through red lights at eighty. There wasn't a single soul in the streets. It was the rural area of the city after all.

Jeongguk walked to the bar. He could only flashback to that time he saw Taehyung leaning against that very place, looking like the most ethereal being ever, basked in neon lights. Jeongguk had been mesmerized. If he wasn't married, he would've fallen in love with him that instant.

A wave of nostalgia hit him hard as he walked towards the bar, now almost deserted except for one or two youngsters chatting around the place.

Jeongguk made his way towards them. There was one with black hair, who was talking with the bartender. As he got closer, the boy turned his head and saw Jeongguk. His eyes widened and Jeongguk realized the boy recognized Jeongguk. The boy did look familiar. He may have seen him in the hallways or with Taehyung. He straightened up in the bar stool as Jeongguk walked closer.

"Do you know Taehyung?" Jeongguk asked the boy as he halted next to him.

"Yeah" he said, looking baffled.

"Where is he?"

The boy scoffed. Jeongguk raised his eyebrows at the attitude.

"Trying to fuck up his life again, professor?"

Jeongguk stared at the boy, dumbfounded. He glared at him.

"He doesn't want you here"

"He's drunk. He called me just now. Where is he?" Jeongguk seethed, anger flaring through his nostrils.

The boy scoffed again. "He's my best friend. And you're ruining him"

Jeongguk stared at the boy, wide-mouthed. He was surprised to hear such words from a student. But then...

"Yoongi!" a drunken shout.

The boy and Jeongguk looked at the source of sound. Jeongguk's heartbeat sped up upon seeing Taehyung, drunkenly walking towards them. He was smiling at the boy, Yoongi, and apparently hadn't noticed Jeongguk yet.

And then he did.

Taehyung halted in his steps. His smile fell as their eyes met. The two former lovers held each other's gaze and the time stopped between them. It was just them at that moment. And Taehyung looked so beautiful. It felt like Jeongguk hadn't seen him in ages. Months. His heart ached to see him. And Yoongi was right. He looked fucked up. There were bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess and it looked as if he had just thrown up.