•°²⁹°• Emotions

*bows and waves* I'm back bitches. Sorry for the wait

•°²⁹°•Emotions ─✵────────

Taehyung never liked coffee

He never got what the hype was about either. Why drink something so bitter? It's bitter even with sugar. He admitted the smell of coffee was quite alright. But he never got why people keep saying the aroma calmed their senses and made them feel alive. Like some sort of boost. But Taehyung felt nothing. He loved hot chocolate more. The aroma of a steaming hot chocolate was so much energizing than coffee. But Jeongguk loved coffee. He made himself coffee every morning. He loved beer too. But Taehyung hated the bitter liquid. Vodka was so much better. Jeongguk didn't necessarily like vodka. He's a whiskey kind of guy.

And Jeongguk was ignoring Taehyung.

The younger boy dressed in an over-sized sweater, palms securely wrapped around his mug of steaming hot chocolate, which Jieun had made for him, sat in the kitchen table. He watched Jeongguk who was helping Jieun make pancakes.

For some reason he looked happy.

But he was ignoring Taehyung. It's obvious as Jimmy Fallon's fake laughter. Taehyung didn't have a clue why. Had he done something wrong? Had he said something wrong?

At the edge of Taehyung's conscious, Jeongguk's little date with his wife was always there. It made him anxious because Jeongguk's strange behaviors had started after they came back from the date, not two days ago. It made him feel strangely insecure.

He watched Jeongguk now, who poured maple syrup over a plate of pancakes. He turned and walked over to the small table, where Taehyung sat. He set the plate in front of Taehyung and their gazes locked for a split second. Taehyung's heart leaped in his chest as Jeongguk's huge bambi eyes watched his before diverting them back to Jieun.

Taehyung sighed, heart dropping and something heavy weighted down his chest. He looked at his plate with three pancakes, whip cream on the side and maple syrup all over the pancakes. Jeongguk knew the way he liked it. He knew the perfect amount of maple syrup Taehyung liked. He would prepare his plate of pancakes of waffles every time they had them for breakfast. And even that day, he did. Just the way Taehyung liked it.

He picked at his pancakes, appetite suddenly gone. Aria came downstairs and took her plate of pan cakes, sitting down across Taehyung to eat. She shot Taehyung a disgusted look. Taehyung wanted to slap her. She almost raped him not two days ago. He didn't know what she'd grow up into. He pitied Jeongguk and Jieun.

"I'm going to go now" Aria said as she stuffed her mouth with pancakes.

"Wait" Jieun said. "I'm staying home today. I need to go to the grocery store so I'll give you a lift"

"Hurry up mom" Aria whined.

Jieun went upstairs, presumably to get dressed, leaving Taehyung, Jeongguk and Aria alone on the kitchen. Taehyung looked at Jeongguk, who wore a lose T-shirt and sweatpants as he poured maple syrup over his pancakes. Taehyung watched him as he took his plate and came over to sit next to Aria. He started eating wordlessly as he scrolled through his phone.