•°²⁴°• The Date

•°²⁴°• The Date─✵─────────

The sweet aroma of coffee and pastries engulfed Taehyung's senses as they entered the small coffee shop

The sweet aroma of coffee and pastries engulfed Taehyung's senses as they entered the small coffee shop. A small bell rang indicating their arrival. The small shop was deserted, for the most part.

Taehyung looked around him in awe. The shop was the same as he remembered. Colorful tables and cushioned chairs scattered the vicinity of the coffee shop. There were mosaic glass walls which made the light that flood through light up the insides with vibrant colors. Dream catchers hung from the ceiling. The place had a dreamy look and was aesthetically pleasing. Taehyung used to come here all the time when he went to school. His old apartment was just a few blocks away.

Taehyung saw Jeongguk look around him too, starry eyes wide with amusement. A small smile played at his lips. He was wearing a rather casual outfit that day. Most of the time he wore his tight pants and a shirt to campus but that day, he wore a t-shirt tucked into his tight jeans. He looked a lot younger that way. A lot more like a college student than a father of a 15 year old.

"Wow" Jeongguk said, still looking around.

"Awesome, right? I used to come here every day" Taehyung said.

"Lucky" Jeongguk said, flashing him a grin.

"Taehyung?" A feminine voice said, making Taehyung look towards the source of the sound.

"Dahyun?" Taehyung said, walking towards the girl who had just called his name from behind the cashier counter. "You still work here?"

"Yes! Oh my God it's been so long!" She said as she took Taehyung's hand in his.

"I know right?" Taehyung said. "Have you been well?"

"Of course. How about you? How's college working out for you?"

"It's going okay" Taehyung shrugged.

"Did you find someone? A girlfriend? Boyfriend?" She giggled.

"Actually..."

"Oh my god I didn't see you there" she was looking at Jeongguk, who stood awkwardly in the middle of the shop. "Is that your boyfriend?"

"What?! No...he's just my-"

"Friend" Jeongguk cut in. "I'm Jeongguk"

"Wow you're so hot" Dahyun giggled. "So what can I get for you and your boyfriend?"

"He's not my-"Taehyung was going to say. But Jeongguk cut him off again.

"I'd take a latte and two chocolate muffins" Jeongguk said.

"And you?" Dahyun asked, smiling wide. "The usual?"

"Yes" Taehyung grumbled.

-

The two men sat in a corner of the small coffee shop, sipping their beverages in silence. Jeongguk was still looking around, eyes lit up with child-like amusement. Taehyung watched him as he sipped his hot chocolate.