•°¹°• The Gorgeous Stranger

•°¹°•The Gorgeous Stranger─✵─────────

The cold wind swept through Jeongguk's curls making him shiver as he quickened his pace along the narrow road of cobblestone

The cold wind swept through Jeongguk's curls making him shiver as he quickened his pace along the narrow road of cobblestone. Beneath the halo of a street lamp, he turned his collar to the cold winds. The indistinct hum of vehicles and horns blaring fading gradually as he made his way down the dimly lit street. His shoe-clad feet made rhythmic taps against the stones, breaking the silence of the night that was surrounding him. He could hear chatter as he closed up on his destination.

He came to a halt in front of a wooden door. Inside he could hear chatter and music. He pushed open the door and stepped in to the bar. He was immediately surrounded by warmth and music.

The bar, a place Jeongguk was too familiar with, was filled with locals of different ages. There was cheerful chatter all around him. Jeongguk pushed past crowds and made his way to where a bunch of men sat around a table, all of them holding a glass containing a liquid of choice. They were chattering in the comfort of their own private bubble and none of them noticed until Jeongguk pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Jeon! Took you long enough!" A voice said.

"Sorry, Rick, got caught up with some papers" Jeongguk said and shook hands with the other four people around the table.

"You finished correcting the papers?" The man beside Jeongguk said. Kim Seokjin. A charming man who Jeongguk had known for longer than anyone else around the table.

Jeongguk smiled at the handsome man who was in his early thirties. 31, to be precise. Only a year older than Jeongguk himself. "Not exactly"

"Me neither" Jin said and took a sip from his glass.

"You look like shit, Jeon. You should get some rest, man. Been working a lot these days, haven't you?" The man in front of Jeongguk, Anthony, said.

"I just need something stronger than cheap beer" Jeongguk said and called a waiter over and ordered a drink.

"He looks like he's fresh in his twenties no matter what though" Rick, again. Laughter followed the little company around Jeongguk. "Won't look like he even broke a sweat even if he runs a marathon. Lucky bastard"

Jeongguk chuckled. His drink arrived and he took a sip of it. The strong alcohol burned down his throat.

His friend group consisted of university lecturers. Just like Jeongguk. The bunch of them usually hanged out in this small bar every Friday night. The winter break was just around the corners and Jeongguk had been busy checking the student papers till late that evening. Jeongguk and his friends came to this small bar every Friday. The place was not too busy nor too deserted. It was a perfect place to cool down the pressures of a busy week.

Jeongguk downed the remains of his glass and poured himself a glass of Vodka that was placed on the table, whilst listening to the relaxed conversation that passed between his co-workers.