Chapter 20

They all burst out laughing. Jason slapped his knee and nearly fell down. Melisa wiped away a tear from laughing so much.

"Okay you jerks. Somebody explain please!" I set my bag down and crossed my arms over my chest. After they all recovered from their laughing fit, Daniel wrapped his arm around me and chuckled.

"This is Central." He said while smirking and cocking an eyebrow at me. I could tell this was some sort of inside joke that I wasn't getting.

"How could this be Central? You were talking about how it had shops and clubs and everything. All I see is a lock shop."

Sam and Jason snickered. A good glare from me shut them up.

Melisa slapped Daniel's arm off of me and replaced it with her own. He growled softly but chuckled.

"Can it you jerks." She said while glaring at each one of them before giving me a knowing smile. "This is the entrance to Central."

"Oh." I still didn't get it. But the idea of this being the entrance to Central was more plausible than it being Central itself.

"Come on I'll show you." She grabbed her bags and lead me inside.

The interior of the shop was just as bad as the exterior. Green paint chips hung from the walls and ceiling and the floor looked like it was about to cave in underneath us. The air smelled musky and dank. You could practically see the dust hanging in the air. The dusty shelves held all sorts of rusty locks and keys that looked beyond use.

I coughed loudly. "Can't the damned entrance be in a better shop?"

Sam came up beside me and shook his head. "It needs to be inconspicuous. People wouldn't really think a super secret entrance would be in this dump huh?" He jabbed me in the side playfully.

Daniel growled and tugged me to his side, glaring at Sam.

Once again, Sam was oblivious to all of this as he strode over to a fat man behind a desk. He was wearing a stained up white tank-top and way too small kahki pants. He had a greasy black mustache and kept puching his glasses back up onto his nose. He was reading a magazine while propping his feet up on the desk. They seemed to be going all out on the inconspicuous thing.

Daniel leaned in. "Whatever you do, don't stare at his hair." He whispered.

His hair? Looking up I could see a greasy toupee underneath his hat. Oh, ok don't stare. I can do that.

"Hey Archy my man. How's it hanging?" Sam propped his elbows on the desk.

The man laid down his magazine and glared at Sam. "Get yer elbahs off of mah desk." His accent was weird and grabled.

"Oh sorry." Sam stood back up and slipped his hands into his pockets. He pulled out a card and handed to Archy.

Archy snatched it up and glared at it. "Alright." He handed it back and looked at everyone else. "Which one of yeh is next?"

One by one, the others handed him the same cards. Archy looked them over and handed them back.

"What are those?" I pointed to his card.

"Oh." He held it up for me to see. It had his name, picture, date of birth, etc. I thought it was a drviers license at first but under the catagory 'species' it said werewolf. Next to that was this weird symbol of a cresent moon.

"Think of it as an I.D. The higher ups thought it was neccesary." I opened my mouth to ask what the 'higher ups' were but Daniel held up his hand and smirked. "You're gonna have to wait until later."