Chapter 8

When i woke up i was in a forest. The ground was black and the trees were bare. They almost resembled fingers.

A heavy fog had settled over the ground. It was so thick i couldn't even see my feet.

"Daniel? Jess? Anbody?" I called. No one answered. I started walking hoping to find someone. It was freezing and i didn't have anything but the thin t-shirt i was wearing. Rubbing my arms, i stumbled along. As i kept on walking, the area looked the same.

Sitting down on a fallen branch, i breathed into my hands and rubbed my arms some more.

Damn, why is it so cold?

Out of the erry silence i heard the snap of a twig. Looking up, I saw a tall man. He was extremely skinny and wearing an all black suit. I looked at his face and gasped.

He. Had. No. Face!

Where features of a normal person's face should be was just a sheet of white skin. Pulled so tight it had wrinkles around the edges. It was shiny, so much so i could see my own look of terror.

He started advancing menacingly towards me. I tried to get up, but i couldn't move. I tried to scream, but i couldn't open my mouth.

He stooped down to my level, staring at me. Well, if he could stare at me.

Up close, i saw his head was abnormally round. It almost looked like a bowling ball. I would have laughed if i wasn't so terrified.

He slowly raised his hand. My mind was screaming at me to run but i was still seemingly paralyzed.

Slowly, painstakingly, his hand inched closer and closer to my face. I was wondering what he would do to me and a million possibilies raced through my head.

His hand finally covered my face and the last thing i thought before every thing went black was that his hand was much colder than the air.

________________________________________

I sprang up, panting. Looking around the room i saw that i was still in the stranger's house. I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

Holy shit, i thought, must've had a bad nightmare. I didn't remember the details but it must've been pretty damn scary. I was covered in sweat and the comforter i was tangled up was soaked.

Disentangling myself from the covers, i stood up and observed my 'prison' more closely. The walls and floor of the room were tan. In the far right corner of the room was a desk stuffed with papers and micelaneous notes. At the foot of the bed was a large cedar chest decorated in intracite carvings.The last peice of furniture was a large dresser beside the door.

I walked over to a closet door. Throwing it open i saw it was filled with a wide variety of t-shirts and a couple different pairs of jeans.

There was a second door in the room that i didn't noticed before. My hand was inches from the doorknob when the sound of running water came from within what i now knew was a bathroom.

Shit! Someone was in here with me! I tip toed to the door leading out of the bedroom and turned the knob. Well, that's just great. The idiots actually locked the door.

There was no time to hide and the door to the opened. Daniel was wrapped in a towel, hair dripping and getting in his eyes a little.

I found myself staring and reluctantly tore my eyes away from him.

"Well, you're finally up." He said as he opened the closet and started leafing through the shirts.

I couldn't beleive this guy! He talked as if i was his sister or something!

He looked in my direction. "You ok? You look a little pale." He looked a bit concerned.

"Uh... yeah." Even though i was being held here against my will and i should probably hate him, I didn't want Daniel to worry about me.

He clearly wasn't satisfied with my answer but he dropped the subject. After he grabbed a random shirt and some jeans i realized what he was doing.

"Uh, no!" He turned to me with a questioning look. "You are not getting dressed in here!" Even though on the inside i was sighing in disapointment. I didn't even know this guy!

He smirked at me. "Does me undressing bother you?"

"Uh, hell yeah it bothers me!" I planted my hands on his back and tried in vain to puch him back into the bathroom.

"Fine, fine if thats what you want," he moved out of the way suddenly causing me to fall foward. Looking up at him from the floor he had the annoying smirk of his.

"Jackass." I muttered picking myself up. He chuckled and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind him.

Okay, now's a good a time as any to get the hell out of here! I ran over to the desk and leafing throw papers i finally found a couple paper clips. Straightening them out i poked them into the key hole.

I knew how to pick a lock because since Jess was already sixteen and her rich parents got her a car for her birthday. We were going to a football after school, normally it wasn't my thing but it was Jess's birthday and i couldn't say no. Walking out to her car she was digging around in her purse and started freaking out when she realized she left her keys in the locked car.

She was freaking out that her parents were going to kill her and that we were going to miss the game. While she was sputtering and trying to figure out what to do, i pulled out two bobby pins i had in my hair and before you knew it the door was open and we were at the game.

That's happened a few times after that and i've always unlocked the door without fail.

The door popped open and i ran for my life, again.