20. Pay Back

Dedicated to palakmahajan123
(Palak, you know the reason well 😉)

##################

Dhriti's pov

After dinner we went to our respective rooms. Yes you heard it right i had my own room in dii-jiju's apartment..
Reason?? Well it's better to ask them only 🙄🙄

I was not able to sleep and was looking outside from Window laying on bed. After few minutes i found a hand caressing my head.
I didn't get scared infact the touch was giving me love and warmth.

I turned and saw aunty (oops Maa 🙈) sitting on the other side caressing my head lovingly. She smiled at me and patted her lap telling me to put my head on her lap.

She started caressing my head again
"Couldn't sleep ??"
She asked with a smile adoring her face.

I just hummed.

"You know dhriti.. today i am very happy you know we always wanted a daughter...
And with god's blessings i got 2, one in the form of daughter-in-law other in the form of daughter only.."
Saying so she kissed my head.

I was looking at her with twinkling eyes. On one hand there were persons who wanted to get rid of us despite us being their own blood. And on the other hand there are these people who didn't have any relation with us few years back but still showered us with all love ❤️❤️

"You know after when Atharva was born we were very happy.. i was over the moon but my dear husband was little bit off.. He wanted a princess.💜
Later on he came along... He loves Atharva a lot but still..
I still remember before Atharva's birth he has brought frocks of different colours as he was sure that it would be his princess..
He used to make Atharva wear all princesses frocks which he bought earlier and Atharva's room was also painted in pink😂😂"
She started laughing remembering paa's antics.

"After Atharva grew up we tried again tried for a baby.. but couldn't due to my complications..
He didn't want to put my life in stake.
He used to smile looking at his friends' daughters but i can see his emotions well behind that smile....
When Atharva introduced Swati to us he got happy.. He used to pamper her with her everything she wants... He smiled for the real time..
Then you came.."
She was looking at me with moist eyes.

"When you came he was over the moon ❤️ He was grinning and smiling whole day.. After listening to your family issues he ordered Atharva to marry Swati as soon as they complete study... He was sure that Swati would be safe... But about you he was more tensed...
He was even planning to adopt you..
He called his lawyers and asked them to prepare adoption papers ...
He was adamant..."
I was shocked to hear all that.

"The day you were in hospital he was inconsolable...
I haven't seen him this tensed ever..
He loves you a lot even more than he loves Atharva 😂"
She laughed a bit and a smile came to my face.

"You are strong and we are always with you ❤️😘"

"Maa.. i love you ❤️" I hugged her.

"Maa.. what to do when you are confused to do something??
My mind and heart is saying to do it but maybe it's wrong"
I asked her.

"Beta.. if you want to do something for yourself do it.. but always follow the right path"

"Maa... I want to forget my past.. but thing which i am going to do is difficult"
I asked her in confusion.

"It's high time... You have to think for yourself.. sometimes being selfish is not bad...
I know you can never hurt anyone"
She replied clearing my doubts..