41. Raksha Bandhan

Third person's POV

A week passed since Dhriti and Dhruv's conversation. They worked together, had lunch together  spending most of the time of their day with each other but never bring out that topic again. 

They were cherishing the every moment of the time which they spent with each other. 

Also they were busy in work as it was the last month and their project was at the last stage.
.
.
.

It was the day of Raksha Bandhan. Both of them were with their respective families. 

Dhriti was looking beautiful in her dark blue traditional dress with a light golden dupatta

She had parted her hair and tied them down in a bun. A small bindi (sticker) between her eyebrows was adoring her flawless face.

"Come on Dhriti..." Swati shouted from hall.

Dhriti came to the hall and picked up her niece Shavya who was sitting on the ground playing with her toys near the door.

"oh my god... My princess is looking soo pretty" She kissed her cheeks.

Shavya gave her toothless shy smile and looked away . Dhriti chuckled at her actions.

"What you both girls are doing?? Come here.." Swati shouted.

"Let's go princess before your mother turn into angry bird." They both went near rest of the members were sitting.

"Is something special today??" The small girl asked in baby tone looking at her family and herself all dressed up.

"Yes my darling.. Today is raksha bandhan..." Atharva said taking his daughter from Dhriti.

The little child still looked clueless.

"Princess.. aaj ke din sisters apne brother ko ek thread bandhte hai jisse rakhi bolte hai. " Atharva said. 

Shavya nodded and looked at his mother and massi (aunt) curiously.

Swati went near Dhriti and tied rakhi aroud Dhriti's wrist. 

"But massi to mumma ke brother nhi hai" Shavya said innocently.

For few seconds both the sisters became numb and others were silent.

"It is not compulsory to tie it to brother only... Those who don't have brother can tie rakhi to their sister or the person whom we think as our brother or sister..."
Swati said smiling at her daughter.

"Yes we don't have any brother so we tie rakhi to each other" Dhriti said an expressionless face.

Swati held her hand in order to support her. Dhriti gave her a small smile.

Dhriti tied rakhi to her and said with teary eyes
"You are my brother, sister, mother, father, protector and my first family... Happy Raksha Bandhan dii"