The Trap

Flashback~

Then Lyssy found something, pieces of snow on the ground. "Why would snow be here?" asked Lyssy. "Hang on..." I told her. I found purple sparks near the snow. "I think I know where they are....."

Light's POV

"Is Konrul gonna be ok?" I asked Jaxx. I can't believe that he sacrificed his life to save us, maybe. We're still unsure if he's alive or not. "I'm sure he's ok." said Jaxx. Suddenly, heard a caw in the sky. It was Konrul! "He's alive!" I screamed, but trouble came. "Uhmm guys.." said Alex pointing at the direction of the mountain, there was an avalanche, and problem now is that it's night time and we can't see it clearly. "Run!" said Jaxx putting out a flashlight. Konrul was pointing his wing at a direction. We saw a nearby cave. We had to act quick cause the avalanche was going faster. "Run, run, run!" cried Jaxx pointing his flashlight at the cave. We all entered there before snow poured down the entrance. "That was close!" I told them. "Let's make a fireplace and rest here till morning." said Drake. I started to worry, since we only have a day left till we could go home. We made beds with piles of leave we could find around the cave. Alex was talking to Zach, Drake was making out with Jade, and Jaxx and I just gazed at the stars (There was a tiny little hole in the cave). "That star might be Mars or Venus." I told Jaxx. Jaxx nodded, but was not paying attention. "Jaxx, EARTH TO JAXX!" I screamed at his ear. "Geez, Light. You didn't have to scream that loud!" said Jaxx, turning his back at me. "Sorry..." I said to him. "It's alright, just don't do that again." said Jaxx, then ignored me. Something was off. Since we ran away and were in the valley of dragons, we don't see Konrul very often. Has he changed and not love me anymore? No, that's impossible, cause I know he wouldn't do anything to me. Jaxx got up and said, "I'm going for a short walk.". I wanted to follow him, but I knew if he noticed me, he will be mad at me, so I'll probably ask Zach to do it.

Zach's POV

"Zach?" asks Light. "Yeah Light? Sup." I responded to him. "Umm, can you follow Jaxx for me. Something's off with him." I knew this wasn't a right thing, but I didn't wanna upset him. "Alright, I'll do it, but only because you're my friend.". "Thanks Zach." Light responded. He went back to star gazing. I followed Jaxx cause Light's right, something was off about him. I followed him through a small woods in the mountain and found that he was with another creature. Well he looked like a wolf, but then he shape shifted into a man with a short black beard and long black hair. He also had flaming eyes that glowed in the dark.

Jaxx: "What do you want?"

???: "I want your friend?"

Jaxx: "Which one?"

???: "The purple one."

Jaxx: "I told you, I love him and I'm not giving him away."

???: "I managed to team up with your enemy. So give me Light or face the consequences."

(Puts out claws from his hands)

Jaxx: "Fine, what will you give me in return?"

???: "Money, $10,000."

Jaxx: "Deal."

(Both shake hands)

I couldn't believe my eyes, Jaxx just agreed to kidnap Light and he'll get $10,000! He chose money over his own love? I gotta warn Light before it's too late. I ran as fast as I could with my tired legs. Light and the others saw me running. "Zach! What happened?" asked Jade. "I saw Jaxx with a man. He could shape shift and...". "What's going on over here?" Jaxx appeared in front of us. "Jaxx! There you are!" said Zach, trying to lie. "What were you guys talking about?" Jaxx asked. "Nothing!" we all responded at the same time. "Light, I know you're lying, what were you talking about?" Jaxx said louder this time. "Fine! We knew you were with someone! You satisfied now?" screamed Light.

Heyyo, cliffhanger here! Again, I said I'm gonna write a new book as soon as I finish this one! So please be patient and enjoy this one first!