Don't get me wrong, we don't use our power to threaten people, this situation is pretty much the first I've encountered.

"It's either you tell us, and I can guarantee that my brother will protect you, or we ruin you. Simple as that." I said crossing my arms.

"I-I'm sorry. T-they gave me money and threatened to take my shop away and ruin my life. P-please, if you promise you can protect me, I-I'll give you the evidence you need, a-anything." he begged.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this guy is such a wimp. But I felt sorry for him, he isn't really doing great in life considering that this small shop is his only means of living.

"You have my word." Kaleb said.

Well, I've never seen him this formal or serious before. I have seen both ways, but never like this.

"Now, Mr. Allen, answer the questions so we can get finish this." I said, just wanting to get this over and done with.

~*~

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jake said coldly at me.

"Jake, calm down and just listen." Kaleb said.

After we got everything from Calvin we went straight to Jake. We were in his office in his loft right now. I don't know why Kaleb had a spare key, but he did.

"Jake, just listen to what I have to say." I said. "I know you hate me, but for Nina's sake, listen."

At the sound of Nina's name, I got his full attention.

"What about her? Are you gonna tell me you're gonna dump her like Carrie?" He said bitterly. "Or do you like her now?"

I froze.

"I see it in your eyes Anthony, whenever you're with her, your eyes brighten. The way you look at her and worry over her." he said glaring at me. "When I was in New York, you spent so much time together. I know. You don't see her as a friend Anthony, you like her! Admit it! "

"What?" Kaleb said shocked.

I clenched my fists and let out my breathe slowly. "Yes, okay! I like her!"

"What?!" Kaleb said.

"But I'm not gonna do anything. I'm not gonna make a move on her."

Jake scoffed. "Oh really? Didn't seem like it."

I ran my hand down my face and sighed annoyed. "It's not what it looked like."

"Let me guess, you were with everyone." he mocked.

"Jake." Kaleb spoke. "It's actually true."

Jake looked at Kaleb as if he was close to believing him.

"We were all together when we went ice skating, Letty fell on Nina, and Nina fell on Tony." Kaleb explained.

Jake opened his mouth to talk but Kaleb stopped him. "Please listen first."

"We were alone only half the days. Mostly Kaleb was there when we weren't alone." I explained.

"Jake, I know you hate me, but I promise you, all I was trying to do was cheer her up. She's been feeling down without you and even if she looks happy, I know there's still a part of her that's missing." I said.

Oh, God, that sounded so cheesy and girly.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "So, it's true? Nothing happened?"

I shook my head. "I swear, Jake. Nothing happened."

He looked at Kaleb and he nodded. He knew he could trust Kaleb.

He sighed and looked back at me. "Tell me Anthony. Why is she so important to you?"

I froze.

"Why did you suddenly change?"

I clenched my jaw.

I sighed. I guess it was time to let it out. "She made me happy again."

"What?"

"She reminds me of Sky. She was my girlfriend."

"You had a girlfriend?" Kaleb asked shocked.

I smiled sheepishly at him. "Yeah. It was a couple of years ago. I was already a pain in the ass to you. I hated everyone, remember?"

"Kinda hard not to forget." he muttered rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, well, she came along and turned my world upside down. She...she made me happy again."

I took a deep breathe and sighed. "Nina's just like Sky. She's strong, stubborn and yeah, she changed me, just like Sky did."

"Look, do you still love her?" I asked Jake who was staring at me with a bit of shock.

"Jake, do you still love her?" I repeated.

"Of course I still love her."

"Then do you believe me? Do you believe her?"

He sighed. "I do now." he muttered.

"God, I feel horrible." he added rubbing his hand down his face stressfully. "I would do anything to get her back."

"Then you better go to her now before it's too late."

"What?"

"She's leaving for Paris today."

Jake's eyes widened. He quickly rushed out of his office and to Nina, I hope.