Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I entered behind Matthew through big silver gates. The guard not stopping me.

There was a big mansion, like half of my house in front of me. There were huge white French doors and beautiful flowers and bushes outlining the outside of the house.

I parked behind Matt's car and got out at the same time he did.

"Wow, your house is beautiful."

He looked at me and smiled. "Thanks. I designed it."

I looked at him surprised. "You never told me you were an architect."

He shrugged sheepishly. "I'm the head architect of the company."

"Nice. Do you know any other great architects that my company could hire? Our head architect is migrating to another country by the end of the year." I said as I remembered that we needed a new architect.

"Carmina could do it." he suggested.

My eyebrows rose up. "Carmen's an architect too?"

He nodded proudly. "Yeah. That's how we met, during our college years. She stopped working cause she wanted to spend time with Colby more. She's thinking about going back to work soon though."

I nodded in understanding. "I'll ask her about being our architect later then."

"I'm sure she'll love to do it." he said smiling.

I helped him bring Anthony into the house. He was starting to get some sense back, but he was still pretty much out of it.

"Matthew?" I heard Carmen's voice. She then came out from what I guessed was the kitchen.

She looked at us and groaned. "Again? It's not even 7 yet. Hi, Janna."

I was surprised by her reaction. "Hey. So, I'm guessing this is normal for you?"

"Yeah, pretty much. Come on, let's get the child to his room." she said as Matt and I helped Tony to his room.

We dropped him on the bed and sighed stretching our backs and shoulders.

"I am going to kill him for making you take care of him." Carmen said as we hugged.

I chuckled. "Yeah, well, Letty had it worst."

"Letty?"

I nodded.

"Tell me about it over food." she said pulling me out of the room, Matt trailing behind us.

"Nina!" A voice said out of nowhere and I looked back just in time for Colby to tackle me, but not hard enough to fall.

"Hey, Colby." I said smiling as I hugged him.

"Want some brownies and ice cream? Mommy made them!" He said and I could see some chocolate and ice cream outlining his lips.

I chuckled as he pulled me away from the couple and to the kitchen.

There was a plate of brownies, chocolate syrup,  and tub of vanilla ice cream on the island. There was already a plate with a half eaten brownie with ice cream on it, I guess that it was Colby's.

"Sit here." Colby said pointing at the stool beside his as he sat down.

I chuckled and sat down beside him.

"Here." he said giving me a plate and fork. "You get the brownie and put ice cream on top of it, like mine, then put chocolate syrup." he said excitedly as he ate some of his.