Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Hey, sis." Jace said as he entered the kitchen.

I looked up from the fridge and smiled. "Hey. Just came from work?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm guessing, you too."

I looked down and forgot that I was still in the clothes I wore to work awhile ago. "Yeah. Just got home like, fifteen minutes ago." I said grabbing a bottle of strawberry milk.

"You know I find it so weird that you love strawberry milk and smoothies so much, but you don't actually like eating the fruit itself." he stated sitting down on one of the stools.

I shrugged. "It's not like I don't like it, it's just that I like it better in liquid form."

I don't even know if that made sense.

He smiled amused and shook his head. "You weird child."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "I am not a child."

He chuckled. "Yeah, sticking your tongue out just proves it." he said grabbing my bottle of milk and taking a swig.

"Hey!" I complained trying to take it back. "Give it back, Jace!"

He chuckled and handed it back to me.

"Jerk." I said leaving it on the counter, away from him as I went back to the fridge and got a small container of mango float.

Out of nowhere Jace came up to me and plucked it out of my hand.

"Jace!" I screeched.

Other than chocolates and strawberry milk, no one messes with me and my mango float.

"Give it back!" I yelled as I started chasing him around the island.

I groaned and stopped at the other side of the island glaring at him.

I removed my heels and jumped on top of the island lunging myself at him. He caught me and we fell to the ground with an 'oomph'.

He pushed me aside and started running to the living room. "Violent, aren't we, Nina." he teased as he hid behind the sofa.

"Oh, I'll give you violent alright." I said as I ran around the sofa and he jumped over it laughing.

"Jace!" I yelled bloody murder.

He just laughed harder and ran back to the kitchen.

I'm so gonna kill him. We ran around the island and he was gonna bolt back to the living room, but I jumped on the island and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him back.

"Give it back, Jace!"

"No way! This is the last one! I haven't had one in weeks now and you finished all of it." he said stretching his arm away from me.

We heard the front door open and close, but we really didn't care.

"Woah!" Jake said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Jake!" Jace said like he was his savior. "Man, get your girl off me."

Before Jake could speak, Letty came walking in her eyes trained to her phone.

"Letty!" I called.

She looked up and was surprised at what she saw. "Wha-"

"Letty, Jace stole my mango float." I complained.

Before she could say anything Jace got out of my hold.

I groaned. "You are such a horrible brother." I said giving up.