Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, I'm almost done with my coffee. Where are you?"

He sighed. "I'm sorry sis, but I'm gonna be late. I got caught up in an emergency meeting."

"But you just got back from New York." I stated.

It was dad's birthday today, Jace just got back from NY a few hours ago and we were planning on meeting at a coffee shop near the cemetery and heading there together.

"My point exactly. Some of the papers got lost and are due in a few hours so we got copies and now I have to read through them and sign them again." he said annoyed.

"Well, what time will you finish?" I asked finishing my coffee.

"I'll meet you there. I'll be there in about forty for forty-five minutes. Maximum is an hour."

"Okay. I already have the flowers so you don't need to buy."

"Okay. Sorry sis."

"It's fine bro. Now hang up already and finish signing so you can come here." I said lightening up his mood.

He chuckled and I smiled triumphantly. "Yes, ma'am. See you later."

"Yup. Bye." I said hanging up.

I got my coat from behind the chair and headed out the shop. I put it on and buttoned it up and wrapped my scarf around my neck.

I was wearing a white and black stripped shirt that I tucked into my black jeans, black ankle high boots, a beige coat and a black scarf and Chanel sling bag.

I told my driver to drop me off at the coffee shop since Jace was supposed to meet me there, but since Jace was gonna be late, I just decided to walk to the cemetery which was only just a fifteen minute walk from the shop.

Once I got there I looked for my parent's graves. Once I found them I pushed away the brown, orange, and yellow leaves surrounding them and placed the bouquet of flowers on the grass, one each.

I sat Indian style in the middle of them on the grass.

"Hi, guys. Happy birthday, dad. I hope you're celebrating with mom up there." I started as I looked down and picked at the grass. "Jace is running a little late, but he'll be here soon. I hope you guys are doing fine up there. Well, I know you're happy up there cause you're together. I'm happy here too, with Jace, Jake, Letty, and everyone else. The company's doing so great dad. We've had a lot of charity events and we've helped so much people. It's almost Christmas and I'm planning on doing an event at one of the orphanages that Jake put up. I really like the kids there and their care taker, Rose. This is gonna be my fist Christmas with Jace after so many years. But sadly it's another Christmas without you guys..."

I sighed picking at the grass more.

Someone cleared their throat making me look up and to my right.

"Uhm, hi."

I glared at him. "How long have you been there?"

He shrugged. "Long enough."

"Stalker much?"

"I was just walking by then I saw you." he defended.

"So, what do you want?" I said looking away.

"I, uh, I, just...I just wanted to say sorry." he muttered shyly.

I looked back up at him and saw him rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.