Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"Love, are you ready?" I heard Jake from outside my room.

"Just a minute." I called back.

I was wearing a black dress with golden silver beads on top. I wore some silver earrings to match my bracelet and silver stilettos. I left my hair down and just fixed its waves and I put some light make up on as well.

"You know you can come in Jake." I said chuckling realizing that he was still outside.

I heard him come in chuckling. "Well, you look beautiful." he said coming to me and kissing my cheek.

"Thanks. You look great." I said straightening his black bow tie.

He was wearing a black tux and a white dress shirt under it. His black coat was hanging on his arm.

"You ready?" He asked grabbing my coat and white clutch from my bed.

"Yup." I said as he helped me put on my white coat. "Thanks."

I buttoned up the black buttons as we headed out of my room. He gave me my bag when I was done.

We headed outside and to the white Bentley that was waiting for us.

The drive took forty-five minutes and once we arrived at the venue there were a lot of people already.

We left our coats in the front desk with the rest and went into the hall.

"Nina?" I heard someone behind us.

I turned around to see none other than the birthday boy.

I smiled and walked to him. "Hey, Adam! Happy birthday! Long time no see."

He chuckled lightly and we hugged. "Thanks. I'm glad you could make it, I haven't seen you since I moved during Sophomore year in college."

We pulled away and I went back to Jake. "Yeah, I know. This is Jake Hawkins by the way, my boyfriend. Jake, this is Adam West, we were close friends for two years in college."

"Great to meet you. Happy birthday!" Jake greeted as they shook hands.

"Thanks. Nice to meet you too." he said smiling politely at him. "So how long have you two been together?"

"A few months." Jake said shrugging.

"Great to hear that." he said to Jake and then turned to me. "So, how have you been? I heard you own the empire now."

"Yeah, well, a lot has happened and stuff. But other than that I'm doing great. How about you? How've you been?"

He shrugged. "Good. I'm running the family business now."

"That's great." I said.

Then a blonde woman came waltzing to us. She smiled politely at us. "Hi, hun. I'm back."

"Oh, hey. Is Gavin, alright?"

She nodded. "Yeah, he just had a slight headache so I sent him to the room while someone gets some medicine."

"Oh, Molly, this is Nina Maxfield, she's my college friend, and this is her boyfriend Jake Hawkins." Adam said introducing us. "This is my wife, Molly."

"Hi, nice to meet you." she said.

"You too. How long have you been married?" I asked.

"Three and a half years."

"Oh, really? So, do you guys have kids already?"

"Gavin's our adopted son. We adopted him when he was eleven. He's fourteen now. Soon, Molly got pregnant, we have baby girl now too, Rosie." Adam said proudly.