🚶...Return Home

What up dawgs~ Thanks for 13k I know I'm great but I didn't know I was that great. *superiority complex intensifies*

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" You turned and saw a very relieved Mayor Rose staring at you. She rushed over, clasping your hands. "Where have you been? When you disappeared, we were all worried!" You smiled reassuringly. It's nice to know people  care. "It's nothing I couldn't handle" lies "but there is something I need to talk to you about. It's really important. About the mission."

Half an hour later, she sighed and leaned back in her chair. You were both seated in her office, and you had told her all the events of the night before. "I'm sorry, there's something you're missing, (y/n)." You glanced up from your shoes. "It's been 57 hours since we last saw you." That's... almost two and a half days. "I.. guess it was one long nap then." What's done is done no use dwelling on it. She smiled, worried, and continued. "I had feared the fragile peace in the city I helped build was only a cover-up. But this is worse than I imagined." She wrote down some phone numbers, notes, asked you a few questions, then leaned back with a sigh. "You had a rough couple days. Shirou was worried even if he didn't show it. Go home and take it easy for a bit." You nodded, and walked out of her office. It was already dark, so Shirou was probably on patrol. You still had a headache, and for some reason, the bleeding hadn't stopped on your abdomen. You weren't sure if the broken ribs had healed either. Your shirt was ripped but you zipped up your jacket to cover it, so the mayor hadn't seen the cuts or anything. It throbbed painfully, so you opted to take the bus home. Nodding at the driver, you took a seat. The lights of the city flashed through the tinted windows, and you began to nod off. The bus driver looked back, saw you, and smiled to himself.

You woke up to being gently shaken. Jolting awake, you looked around, only to see that the bus was parked outside the co-op. The bus driver smiled kindly at you. "You didn't have to leave the bus stop route to drop me off," you started, but he cut you off with, "It's no trouble at all, city protector. You walked my daughter home when she stayed late so this is the least I could do to thank you." You smiled back. "Thanks." Hopping off the bus, you grimaced as your side throbbed at the impact. Pulling out the key, you unlocked the door and walked in. Melissa and Gem were sitting in the living room, and they jumped up upon seeing you. "(Y/n)! Are you ok?!" You reassured them, told them what you could about what happened, and was ushered upstairs to bed. Melissa promised to bring you some tea soon after you changed and bathed. After they all left and the door was closed, you turned to the closet and grabbed the first aid kit. Just a bit of  a fixer-upper. You shrugged off the jacket, and gingerly peeled off the shirt. It burned as the dried blood tore open the wound. Inspecting yourself clad in torn jeans and a sports bra in the mirror, you sighed. I've looked better. At least the bones healed. Now there's just a long raggedy scar. As you reached for the box, you saw the needle and thread. Seems like a y/n thing to do, but I probably should. At least until I can heal on my own again. As you brought the threaded needle towards the gash in your side Turning, you looked just in time to make eye contact with Shirou. He stared at the cut, then looked at your needle, and then back to you. "No." He walked over. "I heard what happened from Rose. And I know you won't go to the hospital. So at least let me do it." He had you lie down on the bed, then got disinfectant, the threaded needle, and a towel.

"What's the towel for?"

"Bite it."

"What?"

"B i t e i t."

"W H A-"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sup readers it's ya girl Toe. Yeah call me Toe ig. Anyhow, I may delay the 5 updates because I have a 59 in AP World. *cries in german* I will update tho- ahaha