the Best day ever

Start from the beginning

"Yea, that's what I thought."

"What about the call with the Premier?"

"My girlfriend, Jenny, is going to talk to the Deputy Premier, Christine Young and get back to me. She wasn't in her office today, but Jenny has her cell number and she will call her and let her know that you want to talk to her.

That is, if you still want to talk to her, after reading what I sent you."

"Fuck," Matty sighed, as she stood up.

"Let me think."

"What do we do now?"

"Give me a few minutes, Nina and I will call you back. I need to talk to Bill."

"Okay, call me back."

Matty ended the call and started taking off her coat, calling Bill at the same time.

"Hey beautiful. You on your way?"

"Sorry, baby, but something has come up. We need to talk, right now."

"This sounds serious," Bill quipped.

"You okay?"

"Oh fuck, yea. Actually I am great, but we need to get some shit together, really fast. Apologize to Frank and get home here. Have Frank send us everything he has at home with anything to do with the Bay.

Anything."

"Just a sec, baby."

Matty waited, opening a beer as she did so, beaming ear to ear.

Bill came back on.

"Frank is going to go home right now and get all his stuff together and he and Julie are going to drive up again in the morning. I told them they could stay at our place."

"Actually hun, that's perfect. Give Frank my love and you get your ass home."

Bill ended the call and Matty laid her cellphone on the desk.

She started pacing the living room.

"What's youse tinkin' Matty?"

"I need to get hold of Daniel Best."

"Whose bes 'e?"

"The Premier of the province."

Matty looked up at the clock on  the wall.

"There is no chance that he is in the office. Especially on a Friday."

"den calls 'e at 'ome."

Matty stared at Nanny Dove.