who can we trust

Começar do início

"I know," Matty gasped, putting her hand on her chest.

"He claimed to have seen a ghost."

"What?" Nina shrieked.

"A ghost in Tuckamore Bay? So Nanny Dove gave him the screws?"

Matty looked over at her grandmother, who was in her rocking chair.

"Yea. She is my hero, for sure."

"Tells Nina, I says hi."

"Nanny Dove says hi."

"Blow her a kiss for me."

Matty did so and went back to her conversation.

"Everything is pretty much back to normal, except for Henry. We are all still a little worried about him."

"Well Nick says he is doing okay. He says he will let him come home this weekend, if things continue as they are."

"Yea, they are setting up one of those hospital beds in his bedroom today, I believe. Harriette and Mable will look after him."

"Well I just hope he recovers from this."

"I am sure he will be okay."

Matty sipped her tea.

"I don't mean to change the subject here, love, but I need your help."

"Of course, if I can. What do you need?"

"Do you have any contacts in the Premiers office?"

"Not in the Premier's office directly, but the Deputy Premier's assistant is an old friend of mine. It might be a roundabout way to get to the Premier, but it still might work.

Why do you need to get hold of the Premier?

Anything to do with Parsons?"

"Yea. I need to talk to Premier Best. According to Simon Hirst, he has been in contact with the Premier ever since he learned that Tuckamore Bay was slated for relocation. The original documents that he presented to us were from the Premier's office, but since Calvin Parsons has been involved, I have a distinct feeling that there is some underhanded shit going on here."

"You don't think Best was involved in this, do you?"

Matty took a deep breath.

"I don't know for sure. He may have been an unwilling participant, in the beginning, even to a point where he innocently agreed to sell the Bay to Hirst, not knowing the whole truth behind Hirst's intention and certainly not knowing that Calvin Parsons was involved. I believe that Hirst's involvement in all of this is just a smokescreen, created by Parsons. I think it is Parsons and a group of his investors that are the ones really interested in the Bay.

I think they are just using Hirst's as the patsy and once they have the Bay, they were planning to push him out of the picture."