Akaashi Keiji - Lost in- What Word? Pt 2

En başından başla

Akaashi turned on the engine and cranked up the heat as you spun in your chair to try and dry off your son's face, using your thumbs to wipe at his cheeks. "Keiji, do you have any— uh, clothes.. no, towels in here?" you asked.

He groaned, ruffling his hair to shake the water out. "Sadly no."

A dissatisfied hum escaped you, as you spun back to face the front of the vehicle, listening to the rain as it bounced off the metal exterior. A roll of thunder echoed in the distance, soon followed by a flash of lighting. You sighed, "I guess we're stuck here for a bit."

Akaashi pulled the dar out of its lane, hand coming to rest behind your seat's shoulder as he reversed. "I'll drive you two home," he said, smiling at Naoko as his eyes skimmed over the boy's damp cheeks, "how are you doing bud, cold back there?"

Naoko hummed defiantly, shaking his head quickly, sending a few stray droplets of water Akaashi's way. "Can we go play in the rain some more?"

You tried not to laugh.

Akaashi shook his head, finally pulling into the open lane, and faced the steering wheel. "Sorry kiddo, no can do."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

Akaashi felt a tingle tickle the back of his neck as he flipped through the storyboard sketches that Udai had prepared. The pages were messily put together and had misspelt notes covering the margins. Akaashi stared at a crude sketch of a newly introduced character on the page, trying not to laugh at the silly expression before flipping the sheet over.

"I think it looks good," he said, eyes skimming over the last page.

"Really? Not too bland? It is sort of a filler chapter," Udai yawned quietly as he splayed out on his chair as much as possible.

"I think you've included enough information that it isn't redundant."

"Wow. Thanks," the artist scoffed.

Early morning checks-ins, though required in the name of productivity, often left the undesirable feeling of doing a whole day's work in just under an hour. So when Akaashi stepped out of the small meeting space and saw that the sun was still high in the sky, he couldn't stop the audible groan that escaped him.

Chiyo laughed lightly, "long day?"

"The day's hardly started," Akaashi sighed, carding a hand through his hair, ruffling it at the back of his head. "I just want to sleep. I had a long weekend."

Ena gave the editor a smirk, "had fun with (Y/N) I presume."

"Oh shut up, Ena," Chiyo chuckled.

Akaashi slumped into his spinny chair, making it squeak at the fast movement and extra weight. Despite facing the other way, the light pouring through the window was incredibly bright, making him squint uncomfortably as he glared Ena's way. The other man gave him a conniving smirk.

"I wish that were the case. But not quite, I was dragged out by one of my friends to play volleyball yesterday. Apparently, their setter got bailed out and they needed a substitute. Everything's sore." Akaashi let out a pained groan, stretching his casual blazer covered arms above his head. He peaked a look over to your cubicle glancing at the unruly organization of sticky notes and pens that touched every surface except for your frames and monitor screen. "Where's (Y/N) anyway?"

"Naoko caught a cold, so (Y/N) is working from home today." Chiyo let out a pitiful whine.

The door to Udai's office opened slowly as the artist finished her sentence. It creaked as a mop of wavy black hair poked through. His nose pushed against the edge of the door as his eyes peaked over. "Poor baby Naoko is sick?" He asked, voice curling upwards. "If I could, I would make him some warm stew."