||Chapter 20||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Twenty

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Gentle? Couldn't Be Me"

   Lorrie had just finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender (the show. The movie... we don't talk about the movie) and after bawling her eyes out while Finn panicked over her distress, she wanted to see if she could make it look like she could do that. Fire would be easy because of her plethora of fiery spells. She could use her elemental spells to roughly airbend. For earth, she could use a levitation spell to at least lift a few rocks. Water, however, was something Lorrie didn't know how to do anything with. She could use her icy spells, but it wouldn't be the same. That wouldn't set her back, though. She was in the middle of trying one of those fiery spin kicks that she'd seen Zuko do when a voice rang out behind her.

   "Miss, please don't do anything too dangerous! Klaus will murder me if you got even a scratch on my watch!"

   Lorrie turned and saw one of Klaus' hybrids bouncing on his feet anxiously.

   "You're Dean, right?" Lorrie questioned the man, gaining a curt nod. "Well, Dean, you don't need to worry. I've trained for years. My fighting skills are pretty good, if I say so myself. My magic is also pretty okay. I'm not going to get hurt."

   "He gave me strict instructions, miss-"

   "Enough with that 'miss' shit," Lorrie interrupted. "Call me Lorrie."

   "Okay, m- Lorrie. I'm very sorry, but I can't go against Klaus' word," Dean mumbled.

   "Why don't I tell him to not be such a hardass."

   Dean's eyes widened and he threw up his arms, waving them rapidly. "No, no, no! It's okay. He's really not-"

   "What's this about me being a 'hardass'?" Klaus called out from behind them.

   Dean blanched and flinched when he made eye contact with the older hybrid. "I- it's nothing! Y- you're not a hardass, sir."

   "Nik, are you currently being a tyrant over these poor hybrids of yours?" Lorrie tilted her head. "That's not even close to how someone should lead. You need to be respectful to gain their respect. You need to not have them follow you out of fear. That's not true loyalty. Be nice to them, don't order them around like lap dogs."

   "Love, it's not that simple-"

   "Why don't we ask one of them," Lorrie cut him off and turned to Dean. "Dean. What do you think? Would you be more likely to stay loyal to him if he were kinder? More open to others ideas?"