||Chapter 11||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Eleven

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"KnEeClOuDs MiKaElSoN"

   Elena was driving Elijah to the Lockwood's house, but stopped when the man pointed at a girl outside rolling down the sidewalk in… Heelys.

   "Isn't that Lorelei? There, on the sidewalk," Elijah questioned. He could practically feel his mate's prominent warmth.

   Elena hummed and tried to continue driving, but Elijah rushed out of the car and towards Lorrie. Elena yelled toward her sister, but Elijah had already grabbed her… into a hug? Now, Elena didn't want to assume anything, she really didn't, but maybe, just maybe, her sister was closer to the Original than she thought. She really wanted to be wrong. Please let her be wrong.

   "Lorelei! Elskan! I apologize for my sudden disappearance. It was very, as you say, 'uncool' of me to 'ghost' you like that," Elijah cooed. He looked into her eyes and concern rushed through him. "Have you been crying? What happened, Elskan? Who hurt you?" he lowered his tone. "Who do I have to kill?"

   Lorrie stared up at him, hope glimmering in her eyes. "'Lijah? Are you really here?" She lifted her hands up to his face. He leaned into her touch, clinging to her warmth like a moth to a flame. He lifted his hands to push her hands closer to his skin then they already were. He then moved his hands to cup her face and pulled her closer than she already was.

   "Yes, Elskan. I'm really here. Now, tell me. Who hurt you?" Elijah interrogated.

   "It was nothing, it was just-"

   "Lorrie! Get away from him. He's dangerous," Elena exclaimed, rushing towards the two.

   Lorrie's sharp gaze followed the approaching girl. She could feel the hurt from the night before returning. Elijah noticed her unease towards the doppelgägnger and understood immediately. He locked an arm around his mate and pulled her away from Elena. He stood up taller and clenched his jaw. He didn't care if this girl was the key to killing Niklaus, he would end her if she upset his mate again.

   "Lorrie. I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean it, it's just that I thought Bonnie was going to die and-"

   "I know."

   "You do?"

   "Yes, but I hope you know that you broke the already thin bond that we had. You. I don't think we'll ever be able to fix it. I may be able to accept you as a friend, but never again as a sister," Lorrie clarified.