||Chapter 5||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Five

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Everyone Goes Batshit Crazy During Full Moon's"

   "Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" Elena asked, closely examining the moonstone. She turned to Bonnie and Lorrie who sat on her bed.

   "Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless," Bonnie rationalized.

   "And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful," Elena sighed.

   Lorrie rolled her eyes and leaned back against Elena's headboard. "Let him throw his little temper tantrum. He's like, what? A million years old? He'll get over it… maybe… probably not… but hey, look on the bright side." Lorrie just stared silently.

   "What's the bright side?" Elena asked, wondering where her sister was going with that.

   "Oh, I just assumed you'd think of something. You've always been overly optimistic."

   Elena glared at her then turned back to Bonnie as the witch spoke.

   "Maybe. If he finds out."

   "Bonnie, can't this wait?" Bonnie looked at her in annoyance. "Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out."

   "Stefan wants me to focus on this."

   "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong."

   "I'm taking Stefan's side with this one-" Elena looked up in irritation. "We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual."

   Bonnie ripped the moonstone out of Elena's hand just as Jeremy entered the room.

   "What are you guys arguing about?"

   "Absolutely nothing, little bro. Definitely not about the wack-ass ritual that Elena's the key to breaking," Lorrie said sarcastically, not looking up from her hangnail.

   Bonnie shot a look at Lorrie as she put the stone into her bag, sneaking a glance at Jeremy. She stood and walked towards the door.

   "I need a coffee."

   Lorrie looked up, noticing Elena and Jeremy looking at each other seriously, and decided she didn't want to be a part of that conversation.

   "Um, yeah, I'm gonna go get some coffee too."