||Chapter 8||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Eight

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"I Don't Want to Go to The Dinner Party at The Salvawhore's House"

   "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna stated, pointing at the house in the wooded area.

   Jenna was able to drag Lorrie out of bed to accompany her on the tour with Elijah. Lorrie wasn't too happy with having to leave her room, but Jenna just said 'tough shit' and made her go anyways. So there she was, walking in the woods with Jenna and Elijah, said man had his arm curled around hers the whole time. Lorrie told Elijah that Jenna knew and requested that he kept quiet about it. He, in response, held her hands and made eye contact (in a very Shakespearean way) and proclaimed that he would do anything for her. Kinda overkill if you asked Lorrie, but she wasn't complaining.

   "Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families," Elijah distastefully noted.

   Lorrie and Jenna looked to him, eyebrows raised at his tone. "Why do you say it like that?"

   Elijah gestured to the ground. "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise."

   Jenna stared, her eyes gleaming with interest on the topic. "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?"

   "Which means the ever-lauded founding families... didn't actually found anything."

   Jenna scoffed. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial."

   "Yes, they are."

   Elijah noticed Alaric's approaching figure, but his gaze strayed to Lorrie who averted her own to the ground and muttered, "Ain't that the truth."

   "Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Oh, the friendzone. That's gotta hurt.

   Alaric smiled tightly at the trio. "Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

   Elijah spoke up. "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

   Jenna looked between the two. "Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec. Wanna come, Lorrie?"

   "Yes!" Lorrie exclaimed, craving an escape from the overwhelming amount of testosterone radiating between the two men.