||Chapter 19||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Nineteen

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Mah Heart, It’s so Dark"

   “I’ll be back, darling. I just need to go take care of something. I won’t be too long.”

   “And what would that be?” Lorrie leaned over the back of her chair.

   “Just something down in Denver. Nothing too important,” he leaned down to her height. “Could I have a kiss goodbye? To assure my safety, of course.”

   “Your safety?”

   “Indeed. Only if you’d like to-”

   Lorrie pushed herself up and placed her lips on his. It was a short and chaste kiss, but it meant the world to the Original. Her warm lips, plump and bold, encased his own in a moment of pure delight. Lorrie spun back around facing away from the stunned man. Before the woman could sit back down, Kol sped around and placed his hands on the back of Lorrie’s neck, swiftly placing his lips back onto hers in an unexpectedly gentle manner. Kol’s movements were slow and precise. He felt his mates hands graze up his sides at a painfully slow pace as her lips danced with his. They were enraptured in their own world, nothing else mattered in that moment.

   Lorrie felt the need for oxygen overtaking the pleasure. She leaned away from the man, making him whine in protest, as she breathed heavily.

   “If that’s what kissing feels like, then goddamn have I been missing out.”

   Kol gazed at her, his eyes twinkling with surprise. "Was I your first kiss?"

   "Uh, yeah…" Lorrie rubbed the back of her head, a bashful smile forming on her face.

   "I don't think you know how incredibly ecstatic that truly makes me, my gorgeous darling," he bit his lip, his mouth curving into a smile. "I may have been the last to meet you, but I will not be allowing my brother's to hold favor over me. As much as I'd love to stay with you all day and continue that, I must go now. Enjoy your day, darling. Don't miss me too much."

   He pecked her lips one last time before padding out of the room, a skip in his step.

   Lorrie sank down into the chair, contently brushing her fingers across her lips. They still tingled with the lingering taste of him. Those few moments of contact were incredible. They may have been short, but they would last for an eternity.