||Chapter 26||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Twenty-Six

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Mates Found and Off to NOLA"

   Stefan perked up as he heard the familiar sound of Lorrie’s car (gifted to her by Rebekah, of all the Mikaelson’s) making its way up the driveway of the Boarding House. He swiftly dropped the book he was reading on his bed and pounced at his window to get a good look outside to make sure he was right. And he, of course, was.

   He bounded down the stairs at a peak human pace before, somehow, losing his balance and slipping on the polished wood as he made a too sharp turn to get to the door.

   After almost ripping the door off its hinges, he was finally face-to-face with his mother.

   “Mom!” Stefan engulfed the woman in a bear hug, nearly lifting her off the ground. “I was so worried! Why didn't you come by sooner?”

   A warm hand brushed down his back in a soothing rhythm as the woman in his arms hummed. “I've been so caught up in packing that I've only just now found the time… oh! And I've gotten myself a cute little student!”

   Just as Stefan was about to ask about this “cute little student”, a breeze drifted through the trees and through the doors archway, sending the most divine scent the vampire had ever had the pleasure of smelling. It was even better than the smell of fresh, human blood flowing freely from some asshole's neck. Not even O- blood could beat this. He opened his eyes and raised his head only to be met with the most beautiful man, no… being in existence. Never had he seen someone who could possibly rival the beauty of any divine entity in existence. Such beauty should be worshiped by all, but seen by none. Not even Stefan was worthy of gazing upon his seraphic mortal flesh.

   “Whoa…” the beauty uttered, raising a hand to his chest with a pinched look on his face. Still gorgeous, Stefan thought. “Am I having a stroke or something?”

   Lorrie turned her head to the man, concern written across her features. “Kai? What happened? Do I need to whip out my most powerful healing spell? I refuse to do any less for you.”

   Kai. Enchanting.

   “Uh… I don't know…” Kai rubbed his chest in clear discomfort. “I looked at him and now there's, like, a… feeling.”

   “A feeling?” Lorrie raised a brow at the vague description.

   “You don't get it! I don't just feel things,” Kai exclaimed before gesturing to his full body. “Sociopath, duh.”

   Lorrie frowned, pulling slightly away from her unresponsive son. “Huh… that is concerning. Stefan, do you know wh-”

   “He's my mate,” Stefan languidly stated, his arms falling limply to his sides, a dreamy smile appearing on his face as Kai's eyes found his. “Hi.”