Chapter 8

You were not able to get any sleep last night. All you did was think about what happened and what you saw at the castle with anos. You couldn't wrap your mind around anything that happened so it kept you awake all night long. As your alarm goes off at 9am, you slam the snooze button to try to get a few minutes of sleep. But just as you started to fall asleep, you hear a loud knock on your door. You try your best to ignore the knock because it was most likely the room service for breakfast. As you continue to sleep, the knocking gets louder and more periodic compared to the knocks you typically get for room service. Suddenly, you hear yelling coming across the door.

"Y/N!!!!! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP, MY LOVE!!! TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!! AND I DON'T MEAN OUR WEDDING!! IT'S TOURNAMENT DAY!! OPEN UP MY LOVE!!"

You sigh because you knew exactly who that was. You were confused as to why ray was at your door today since he should be getting ready for the tournament. It wasn't smart of him to waste time coming to you if he wanted to win. You tried to ignore his constant yelling, but no matter how hard you tried to drown him out, you still heard him. Out of anger, you jump out of your bed to tell Ray to shut up. As you open the door, ray barges into your room before you could even give him a piece of your mind.

"You don't plan on fighting looking like that do you!? It's tournament day! Did you not get any sleep last night? it looks like you've been hit by a bus or something..." He says as he gets himself situated on the edge of your bed.

"Gee thanks. Great to hear you calling me ugly bright and early in the morning... Shouldn't you be training or something? I wont be going easy on you today so dont come begging me to spare you" You say as you cross your arms around your body.

Ray gets up from the edge of your bed and places his hand under your chin. "My love, you are never ugly." He says as he lifts your face to meet his.

"Tch. yeah right.." you say as you swap his hand away from your face. "What time is your first match today?" You ask as you walk towards your closet to get clothes ready for today. Since it was tournament day, you were allowed to wear anything you wanted, but decided to just wear the typical academy uniform just because ray was also wearing that.

"My first tournament is with Carson from 2-E, what about you? Also I thought youd have sexier clothes than this? Where's the lingerie?" Ray says as he comes up behind you and pushes you away from your closet to rummage through it.

"HEY! Get out of there! And no I don't have lingerie!! Who do you think I am!?" You say as you push him away from going through your clothes.

"Get out so I can get ready!!!" You end up kicking ray out of your room because he was invading too much of your personal space. Before you slam the door on Ray, he gives you a cheeky smile as he says "I'll see you later then. Hopefully we'll see each other on the field today." You give him a slight smile as you close the door. You sigh as you drop onto the floor.

You quickly get ready after you realize that your first match was in 45 minutes. Let's get this over with.

~~

As you walk toward the stadium center, you see tons of people excited to watch the tournament today. The magic sword tournament was an event that many people in dilhade looked forward to annually since it determined who would be the next possible demon king of the realm. It was a big event so many people took this as an opportunity to stand out. Everyone, but you. Once you finally get into the stadium and check in with the other competitors, a cat comes purring at you as you take a seat near an empty bench.

"What do you want melheis?" You say as you turn your attention to the cat. Melheis tends to transform into a cat often to hide his cover in public settings.