Chapter 16

The air was crispy at the border between the demon realm and human realm. Little did anyone expect that such a sunny nice day would be the day for war. Everyone had gathered together in the courtyard to run down the strategy for today, but your mind was elsewhere as Sasha and Misha went over the protocol for approaching the demon subjugation army. Physically you were in the demon realm, but your mind was visualizing the border and scoping out what the situation was for the humans. It wasn't until you hear anos' voice did you snap out of your thoughts.

"I'm ordering you...Don't die, and don't kill." You were kinda shocked to hear this. Maybe it was because you were so accustomed to being ordered to kill rather than to save people so you were thrown off by this order. "We cant let anyone lose their life over a trivial matter like this! The first people to deal with is the dilhevia forces!" Anos knew that the demon king had way more power than he underestimated and he was the first to be taken out of the equation. Misha and sasha were in charge of stopping the troops that were gathered at the west; meanwhile, ray and misa were in charge of the troops in the east. You and anos were set to take on the demon king head on. Originally, anos wanted you to help the fan club with the rearguard, but you were able to convince him otherwise. Everything was going according to plan as you had anticipated. As you and anos were flying above the battlefield, you see flames and ice protruding from the ground on your left and fog covering the whole east wing of the battlefield. Everyone was trying their best to stop the demon troops in any and every way that they could while Melheis, ydol, and Ivis subdue the rest of the seven elders. To anos' surprise, he couldnt pinpoint where the demon king was located, but we could feel his presence within the distance.As anos engulfed the demon troops in a fire barrier, we were set to invade the castle where we believe the demon king was hiding. News spread that ray was missing; however, there was no time to react because the demon king was already making his way to cross the border. Upon hearing this information, anos was quick to smile and grab your hand to teleport to where the demon king was.

"Lets go." He says before grabbing you by the waist and generates a teleportation circle. To your surprise, you and anos were face to face with the masked demon king while anos set up a black magic barricade to surround the demon king and you. Silence filled the air as you both watched the demon king to see what he was going to do. Before saying anything, he generates his holy sword from the ground to yield it as he starts to run toward you and anos. Everything happened so quickly that you didn't realize that anos had already left your side and was running straight toward the masked man. As the demon king tries to strike anos with his holy sword, anos was quick to react and generate a black magic shield to stop the blow. This impact creates a loud explosion that nearly knocks you off your feet. Once you finally catch your balance, you catch a glimpse of anos trying to grab something off the demon kings chest; however, the demon king was quick to react and jump away before anos could lay his hands on him. As the both of the stand face to face, you were in the center between both of them.

"It's been 2000 years huh... Hero Kanon?" You were shocked to hear anos say this because you didn't think he'd be able to catch on so quickly. Ray's body tenses up too upon hearing this as we both stood there with our attention and eyes on anos.

"No, I stand corrected...You came here earlier to fulfill your promise, didnt you?" Anos says as he holds the necklace ray's necklace in his hand. It was the necklace ray and misa got during the festival that symbolized their promise between each other. Even though Ray had a mask, you knew that he was in shock because he mustve thought that he had avoided Anos's grab, but there was nothing he could say to deny anos' accusations. The jig was up.

As ray starts to take off your mask, you didnt know how to react as you looked at the both of them looking at each other face to face. Ray's pure white hair being uncovered as he took off the helmet. Anos didn't have much of a reaction though. It was as if he had known all along, but the question is when. Your eyes didnt know who to look at. Anos? Ray? The space between the 3 of you was awkward, silent, and tense. You wanted to say something, but you were choking up to try thinking of something to say, but ray was the first to initiate.