Chapter 15

A few days later, as everyone's nerves were on edge, a giant projection of Diego appeared in the center of Azeshion. You kind of tense up as you see Diego's image in front of you as you remember nearly dying in the hands of him, but you quickly lighten up as you feel anos hand wrap around yours next to you. You both watched the projection as you held onto each other.

"History has repeated itself. The deep darkness has returned and has assaulted and stole azeshion's guardian deity, thunder god sword Evansmana."

Everyone gasps as they hear this news as they continue to watch the projection. You were disgusted by the lies Diego was saying and brainwashing to the humans since they all actually believed him.

"That's right. The legend turned out to be true! The demon king of tyranny has been revived! After 2000 years!"

People started to freak out after they heard this as they glanced at each other. Even the demon academy students were shocked in revelation of this news. Your attention turned to anos as he watched Diego in deep in thought. It seemed like he was still trying to process the events that happened a couple of days ago, especially his encounter with the "demon king". Since he didn't know that it was Ray underneath that mask, it was eating his mind away trying to figure out the possibilities of who was behind that mask. It also didn't help that there was going to be a war between humans and demons even though he tried his best to avoid it even by sacrificing himself. You gave his hand a slight squeeze to get his mind out of the gutter and bring him back to reality that you were there for him. Once he returned back to reality, you give him a slight smile before turning your attention to the projection. "The demon king will lead the demon race on an invasion of our nation, but do not fear. The demon subjugation army will protect you. Now is the time to fight! Let divine retribution rain down on those foolish demons. Let us heroes claim victory!" Diego finishes as the projection disappears. Whispers travel throughout the streets as people return back to their daily routines. You knew that this wasn't going to be easy to fix as you pull anos together to head back to the academy. Meanwhile, in the demon realm, projections of the demon king appear alongside projections of Medoin garsa,Zorro Angato, and Eldora Zaia appear in the town center. Everyone was shocked as they questioned who the masked individual was and why the elders were with them. No one had ever seen images of the demon king so they didn't know what to expect.

"I am avos dilhevia." Everyone's eyes opened as they hear the name and finally put a "face" to the demon king's name. All the attention was on him.
The masked individual proceeded to talk. "Over the last 2000 years, I have made a mistake. I originally sacrificed myself for the peace between the 4 realms; however, clearly my judgment of the human race was wrong. They haven't changed over the last 2000 years and continue to hand down the myth of the holy sword to annihilate me". Everyone's face drops as they hear this and realize what was going on. Your mind wanders as you watch Ray speak under his mask as the demon king. You thought back to the promise you and Ray had made in order to stop the war. You didn't realize that the reality of that promise was coming sooner than you had expected. You knew your fate, but somehow, you didn't want to believe it. You quickly snap out of your thought when you hear Ray speak again. "now i will fix my mistake from 2000 years ago. This time, we shall annihilate those foolish humans" the demon king exclaims as he holds the holy sword in the air to signify his resolve to get back at the humans. This causes an uproar in the demon realm as people cheer and shout after hearing the demon kings speech. Though both you and anos were on edge about the war, anos couldn't help but look at you to reassure you that everything was going to be okay.

" Look, we got this. Everything will be okay. Trust me" anos says as he places a kiss on your forehead to remind your mind to slow down and focus on the present. You both held onto each other's hand with your fingers interlocked together.He was handling the news a lot better than you were, but little does he know that there was more to this war than just fighting.