2000 Years Ago

As the Demon King of Tyranny was sitting on his throne, the Hero Kanon begins questioning the king's peace offering to the world.

"Peace? After all that's happened, do you really think I can trust such a word? Just how many humans have you killed until now, Demon King Anos Voldigoad?"

As the God of Sky, you stood next to the Demon King. Not because of your status, but because you were Anos Voldigoad's closest friend since childhood. Ever since he was born from his mother's corpse, Anos Voldigoad has always been your best friend in the orphanage. You and him were inseparable since childhood and have been by his side even before he became the Demon King. Once he grew his status, he appointed you as his right-hand soldier and friend that handles battles and protection of the demon kingdom. You were merciless and always alert when it comes to protecting the kingdom, which made you known as the God of Sky Y/N .

Behind Hero Kanon were your close comrades Great Spirit Reno and the God of Creation Militia. Great Spirit Reno was the wife of Anos' friend Shin Reglia's wife and mother of all spirits. Meanwhile, the God of Creation Militia had the ability and power to create everything and anything upon request. Ever since Anos appointed them to the court, you became close with them. As Anos was talking to Hero Kanon, you couldn't help but smile a little seeing all four of us together in the same room since the last time 10 years ago. Hearing Kanon insult Anos made you angry because he was disrespecting and insulting the Demon King.

Just as you were able to speak up, Anos responds.

"Just how many demons have you killed until now? Humans seem convinced that by defeating me, they can bring peace to the world; but is that really true? It must be clear to you now that until either the humans or the demons are rooted out for good, this war can never end. Even if the demons do get wiped out, humans are just going to make new enemies. The spirits, the gods.... Until finally, you humans turn on each other."

Demons and humans have been in a constant battle between each other and many soldiers from each side have died due to this war. Anos knew that there would be no end to this war if he didn't put a stop to this. He just wanted everyone to coexist, but ultimately greed took over everyone's desire.

Kanon knew that Anos was right to a certain extent that greed initiated this war, but he had hope.

"It's true that humans can be weak, but I want to believe in them. I want to believe in human kindness."

Anos then raises the question "Do you think there's kindness in demons, as well?", which causes hero Kanon to gasp from realization. Anos continues "If you're a hero, why not trust me for once?"

Anos comment catches me, Reno, and Militia off guard because all knew what Anos had planned. Kanon asks Anos what he plans to do, to which Anos mischievously smiles.

"Isolating all the species from one other and snuff out the spark of war. Put up walls between the infernal realm, the human realm, the spirit realm, and the heavenly realm, and install a door that won't open for at least a thousand years. If i were to convert all of my life into magic power and join forces with all of you, we could then activate an immense magic spell."

Just as Anos was telling his plan to Kanon, you knew he was planning this ever since the war started. Since childhood, Anos was always an outside of a box thinker that was willing to gamble himself to see what the future lies. As the demon king, he had all the power and could easily control the world, but he saw no fun in that. Once anos decides he's going to do something, he does it no matter who tells him not too. Sometimes he'd come to you to ask for advice, but most of the time disregarded my advice just to irk me. Such a trickster. However, you knew this plan meant that Anos would risk his life for the sake of peace. You weren't happy about this plan because without the Demon King, there is a possibility of the demon realm falling into destruction. Not only will the infernal realm burn, but you'll also lose your closest childhood friend. No matter how hard you tried to persuade Anos, he never budged so had already anticipated that this would come.

Anos continues "Its not as if id be wiped out completely. The soonest I could be reincarnated world be 2000 years from now, give or take. Kanon, I've had enough of this. Do you want to continue with this tedious tragedy?"

A sad look appears on Kanon's face as he realizes that anos was right. This needed to be done to end the war and the suffering. Suddenly a smile comes on his face.

"I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be thanking the Demon King." said Kanon, which brought a smile to Anos face.

"And I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be thanking the Hero. All right, let's get started."

Right before Anos drew his magic, he smiles at you and you both nod. Before Kanon arrived, it was agreed upon that Militia and Reno will use their power to help Anos with the spell. You were to live in order to ensure the legacy and order upon the infernal realm while Anos was gone. Our agreement was signed through Zecht. Both our demon eyes light up as Anos begins the magic spell.

Anos activates the magic spell and reno and militia both lend their powers to anos, creating a red spell circle that surrounded the whole castle. The color red shined throughout the walls and everything seemed like it was going to plan. It wasn't until you hear anos yell that there wasn't enough power to activate the spell completely. Without this spell, you knew that the war would continue and bring misery to all the realms so you ultimately decided to lend Anos your power to complete the spell. As you give up your power to anos, he becomes shocked to see you lending your power. He wanted to tell you to stop because you were breaking your promise, but before he could say anything, Kanon had impaled his sword into his body, completing the magic spell. With a shocked expression on his face, anos sees you smiling because the spell was able to be completed. Just as he's about to disappear, he sends a telepathy message to you using the last bit of his magic.

Before the room shines magenta red, you hear anos say "you better reincarnate in 2000 years, you idiot." which brings happy tears to your eyes just as your body disappears with the light.