Chapter XXVII

It's been 2 weeks from my kidnapping if you want to call it that. I've remembered everything, he poured that red liquid down my throat it was a power enhancer, I don't know why he used it. I passed out for a minute or two and literally had fire coming from my chest once I became conscious again. He clearly didn't anticipate that much power, he pinned me writing lethal on my back and left. I sat there basically lighting the place on fire. Which is why it was burnt to a crisp. I burned Owen so badly he was found dead in Knockturn alley.  Work had been quiet, nothing other than the ordinary, throwing someone in Azkaban every now and again. Ive been sick nearly every single morning and I stand every morning at the mirror with my back to it. Seeing it say 'lethal' hurt, am I lethal? What was I going to tell my children when they ask about it.

I stood there thinking of every possible combination of words that my kids could ask. What would I say to them if they asked.

"Stop looking at it."
Draco said from the doorway.

"I can't stop thinking what they will think."
I said still looking at it.

"What do you mean?"
He said.

"What will our kids think. What will they think when they see this on my back."
I said tears slowly building in my eyes.

"They will see how strong you are."
Draco said smiling at me.

"They won't."
I said a tear slipping down my face.

"Hey, they will."
He said coming over to me giving me a hug.

"Right I need to get ready, so do you actually."
I said.

I grab my blouse and run for the bathroom before Draco could see.

"Why are you running?"
He said trying to open the door.

I slam the door, locking it, my back against the door. I close my eyes grabbing a pregnancy test from the grey marble counter.
I opened them, it was positive. Tears falling down my face, not in sadness, but in joy.

I put it in an envelope and slide it under the door.

"What is this?"
Draco asked.

I heard him rip open the envelope and I opened the door to him looking down at it.

"Are you serious."
He said, I was struggling to read his expression.

"Are you angry."
I asked.

"No, why would I ever be angry."
He said his eyes overflowing with happiness.

"Come here."
He said his arms open for a hug which I obviously gave.

"We're going to be parents."
I said as tears fell down my face.

"We are."
He said lifting my head up.

He crouched down looking at my stomach, hands on my waist.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to the Malfoy name. You both are."
He said his head pressing against my stomach.