Chapter VIII

Several Months Later...

It's June the school year is coming to a close in a matter of weeks, I constantly get stares from everyone except Harry, Ron, Andrea, Hermione and Freya, just because of what happened with Draco. I've been avoiding him since we broke-up, Harry has asked to meet him in the library at noon. Harry had spoken to Dumbledore, it must've been important if he asked for all of us.

"He wants us to find horcruxes, and destroy them. They supposedly have pieces of Voldemort's soul hidden away in objects. Tom riddles diary was one, and I destroyed that in second year, and the Marvolo Gaunt's ring which Dumbledore dealt with.  So, I'm asking all of you if you will come with me to find and destroy these things."
He asked.

We all agreed, plus I needed to get away from here especially after what happened with Draco, all the stares, all the rumors after months. I hate seeing Draco everyday it just reminds me of what we had, or what I thought we had.

Draco POV

Tonight, was the night, the vanishing cabinet was finally ready. I had to kill Dumbledore.
It was the one way, way for me to stay alive to see Mia again, to be with her. I heard a rumor that she was going to be going with Potter to find horcruxes, but I don't want her going. The Dark Lord will have death eater hunting Potter as soon as he leaves Hogwarts. Which mean she'll be at a big risk, being the cross fire.
I wouldn't forgive myself if she got hurt. 
I have to finish this mission and then I can tell her everything, I just don't know if she'll forgive me after everything. The pain I put her through with the break up.
I love her so much and I don't want to lose her, but the only way to ensure her safety was to leave her. Otherwise I don't know what to do. 
It was just after dinner and I was waiting in the astronomy tower for Dumbledore. Dumbledore came up the stairs to stand at watch the night, and that's when I took my chance. 
Dumbledore turned with his wand out.

"Expelliarmus."
I shouted, disarming Dumbledore.

"You don't need to do this Draco."
Dumbledore said.

"Yes. I have to kill you, or he's going to kill me."
I said my eyes slowly filling with tears. There was a faint laugh coming from downstairs.

"There are others, how?"
Dumbledore asked.

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirements, I've been mending it."
I said almost yelling.

"That's great work. Aaa...so it must have a sister." Dumbledore said.

"Yes, one in Borgin and Burke's, a passage way."
I said.

"Aaa Draco, well done."
Bellatrix said to me.

"Good evening, Bellatrix."
Dumbledore said.

"Do it Draco, do it NOW!"
Bellatrix was yelling at me I couldn't focus. I didn't want to I can't. All of a sudden, a voice from behind.

"No."
I turn to see Snape standing there.
He moved me out of the way.

"Severus, please."
Dumbledore said as he opened his hands.

"Avada Kadavra."
Snape said with a green light fully illuminating the tower.

Dumbledore fell back off the tower and we rushed down the stairs. We walked through the school Snape leading the way. Bellatrix stopped at the Great Hall and shattered all the window with a quick flick of her wand. I stood their fear consuming me, I thought to myself what have I done. I just want to be free; I just want to choose something for myself. I just wanted Mia. 
Snape, Bellatrix and several other death eaters apparated with me to Malfoy Manor. To see the presence of the Dark Lord.  I walked over to my mother giving her the biggest hug ever.

"Shh, it's fine, it's fine." She said as she stroked the top of my head.

I just want Mia. I want to tell her everything, about the mission, about my unwanted dark mark, everything. I want to tell her I love her and that I haven't stopped loving her. I want to hold her tight and never let go.
I want to tell her that the night of the Christmas Ball was the hardest thing I had to do. I want to tell her that everything I said to her when we broke up was false. I want to tell her that she wasn't just a dare, I wanted to tell her that I didn't sleep with Pansy. That I only said these to make my story plausible.

I just want hold her. But I can't.

***
Harry, Andrea, Freya, Ron, Hermione and I heard a lot of voices in the hallways and crying. Everyone was running out into the courtyard. Dumbledore was lying there dead on the stone floor and Harry just dropped to his knees beside him and started crying. Everyone stood in silence, Harry fixing Dumbledore's hair moving it out of his face.
Everyone raised their wands creating an illuminating light. All six of us knew that we needed to start getting ready to hunt down horcruxes.