Chapter VI

"Mia, will you be my date to the Christmas Ball." Draco asked so confidently.

"Yes, yes I will."
I gave him a quick kiss before we had to leave for our class.

The annual Christmas Ball is when Andrea, Freya and I sit in our rooms talk about how we are lonely and eat food all night, but it'll be different this year because I have a date, Andrea has one with Dean Thomas and Freya is going with Fred Weasley. This now means I need to find a dress and I'm busy all weekend, Draco and I have a date in Hogsmeade tomorrow.
We're all sat in Defence Against the Dark Arts and it's rows of four, Draco, Me, Blaise and Freya, all in the same row and were sitting and Blaise turns to Draco and asks. 

"Why is her leg shaking so much."
I spit out my water and turn to Blaise and then to Draco who just seemed to be sliently dying of laughter.

I just decided to live with it because I could already tell it was going to be a running theme as long as I go out with Draco.
It's the next day and I've decided on a colour of dress but I do know that I'm not just getting a dress when I'm out. I proceed to make my way to the Great Hall where I was meeting Draco.
He came up behind me scaring the living daylight out of me.

"Ahh, you're such a dick sometimes."
I said stating my point.

"Yeah, well I'm a Slytherin for a reason."

We walked into Hogsmeade and I headed straight to the nearest dress shop.
My colour was a dark ivy green which will match my eyes perfectly. I found the perfect dress; it was a thin strap silk green ivy dress with a slit down my right leg, it screamed sexy yet modest. I forbid Draco to come into the shop while I was picking out my dress because I wanted to see his reaction of me wearing it for the first time. I walked out of the shop with the dress in a bag so no one can see it.

"Find what you are looking for Princess?"
Draco asked

"Yeah I think you'll love it."
I replied

"I love whatever you wear even if it is nothing, like yesterday."
Draco smirked.

I elbowed him because he can't be saying stuff like that in public. We go in to the three broomsticks and order two butterbeers.

"So, will you be getting ready at mines the night of the Ball or at your own dorm."
He asked his curiosity intriguing him.

"I will get ready with Andrea and Freya, but I was wondering if I could stay at yours that night like sleep over."
I asked. 

"Yeah that's fine you don't even need to ask to stay over."
He said this with hope, as I believed he was up to something.

Our two butterbeers arrived and I took a sip and Draco just starts laughing. He grabs his napkin and wipes my top lip of foam from the butterbeer. We both started giggling

"I'm going to the bathroom; I'll be back in two minutes. Okay."
He said, something was off this morning, he's acting really suspicious, but I didn't take much attention to it.

"Why don't we get out of here?"
Draco said from behind me.

"Yeah."

As we were walking back to the castle Katie Bell and her friend Leanne were walking behind us and so were Harry, Ron and Hermione.
Out of nowhere Leanne starts screaming out. Katie is floating in the sky. Mouth wide open, producing a very faint echoing scream. I cover my mouth in a panic looking up at Katie then down to the ground there was a Diadem on the floor with brown wrappings. Draco pulls me away from whatever was happening with Katie.
We walked off in a horror leaving Katie, Leanne, Harry, Hermione and Ron there. We get back to the castle and I start looking through books. I have seen that necklace before, I go to the library in hope I find out what it is. I find it in a book which someone had just left out lying, it was an Opal Necklace, it's a cursed dark object, but I was confused on how Katie managed to obtain one. It's dinner and I'm sitting in the Great Hall with Andrea, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Freya.

Katie Bell walks in and Harry gets up and walks over starting to talk to her. Couldn't make out what they were saying because it was too loud. Draco walked in the Great Hall and he looked like his heart just sank. He immediately walked back out, Harry began to follow him, this didn't sit easy with me as soon as I saw Harry beginning to follow Draco my stomach went into an immediate knot.

"Emm... I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute."
I said to the group.

So, I followed behind Harry who was following Draco.
Draco turned into the bathroom and went straight to the sink I could hear the force of the water running.
I could hear him sobbing, it broke my heart I went straight over to him hugging him from behind. Harry threw a spell breaking the glass mirror and water pipe behind us, we ran down one of the sides of the cubicles.
Harry and Draco were dueling, I have never had more fear inside of me ever.
I was so scared that Draco would get hurt, Harry threw a spell at me and Draco stood in front of me, protecting me. Draco pushed me out of the way as

Harry shouted
"Sectumsempra!!"

Draco fell, collapsing on the floor, he was bleeding, I rushed over and started cradling his head to my chest.

"No, you can't leave me."
I said sobbing so hard, Harry looked over at me sitting on the soaking floor drenched in water, my hands and shirt covered in Draco's blood.

"Get out before I do something I'd regret."
I said full of hate.

Snape came running in and saw me on the floor with Draco, Snape began saying a spell which I haven't heard before, I looked as all the blood which had left Draco's body, return to him.
He passed out in my arms and Snape helped me carry Draco to the hospital wing, Madame Pomfrey said he should be fine in the morning and that he just needs to sleep.

I left his side to run and get fresh clothes from my dorm, Harry was sitting on the couch in the common room.

"You nearly killed him."
I said with tears still running my face.
Harry turned to see me covered in Draco's blood.

"I didn't mean it, I'm sorry"
He said sounding kind of genuine, but I was on a rampage and I wasn't stopping.
I walked over a slapped him.

"That's for Draco."
I said in outrage.

I left for my room and changed, washing off Draco's blood which had stained my hands and I quickly left the dorm and headed back to the hospital wing to sit with Draco.
Arriving there and he's got blood on his face, I grab a bowl of lukewarm water and a cloth and begin wiping away the blood. He is sleeping so peacefully, I took hold of his hand and squeezing it tight, I inevitably end up falling asleep, head on the side of the bed, still gripping Draco's hand.

The next morning, I was awake for hours before Draco woke up. It scared me not knowing if he would 100% fine when he awoke. He started mumbling under his breath, He slowly started waking.

"OMG, you're okay, I was so worried that Harry might have killed you."
I said as I kissed his hand.

"No, I'm fine, I just need to rest today so that I'm fine for the Ball tomorrow."
He said understandably, I know he was looking forward to going.
It was a night where we could dance, dress up all nice with gowns and suits, I mean Draco already dresses in suits anyways, but he was looking forward to spending time with me.

Draco tapped the bed beside him and I crawled up lying next to him, burrowing my head into his chest, I could hear his heart beating, I could stay and listen to it forever. I stayed with Draco the whole day, I only left to get us food.
The morning of the Ball and Draco was discharged from the hospital wing and I take him to his dormitories and give him a big hug. He kissed the top of my head, he so sweet.

"I'll pick you up at 7:30 tonight, okay?"
He asked.

"Yes, that's fine."
I replied and I walked away.