Chapter XII

There were lots of footsteps outside, so we made our way outside. Voldemort had come back.

"Harry Potter is dead!"
He shouted

"No!"
Ginny screamed out in pain.

"Silence, stupid girl. Join me and live or go against me and die."
Voldemort said.

Lucius told Draco to come and join them, but he didn't move.

"What are you doing. Go, he'll kill you."
I said.

"I know you don't actually want to take his side, but you can't take the risk."
I said worryingly.

"No, it's fine."
Draco said sounding somewhat confident.
Next minute Draco is floating, struggling to move and talk, being pulled forward by Voldemort. I try and grab his arm but it's no use. I'm filling with so much rage, I turn away.

"Your eyes. They're red."
Andrea said.

"What."
I whispered.

"You're eyes. They're red."
Andrea said a lot quieter this time.

"Protect Cammy for me, just make sure he gets home after all this is over"
I said as Andrea tried to grab my arm.
I walked forward towards the front and stood before Voldemort.

"Put him down."
I said very demandingly.

"You're a 17-year-old girl with no sense of security, giving me orders. You think that scares me." Voldemort said laughing.

"No but the Dark Phoenixes did. Didn't they and that's why you slaughtered them. Isn't it?"
I asked.

"No, I slaughtered them because they wronged me." He said his voice wobbling slightly.

"What so this doesn't scare you."
I said as my eyes turned red. Voldemort stepped back in shock.

"It can't be, I killed them all 17 years ago."
He said.

"Exactly 17 years ago."
I said smirking.

"Now put him down."
I said more dominantly.

"Okay."
He said and threw Draco down off the bridge.

I looked at his Mother who was crying.
I quickly turned into my Phoenix state and quickly went down and grabbed him.
I was about to crash so I used my wings as a shield around Draco. It was so sore, I turned back to my human form and Draco's head was lying on my stomach.
He woke me up and said

"Come on Princess, you need to transform, I believe in you."
He said with so much encouragement.

I steadily stood up, transforming placing my wing down allowing Draco to hold onto my back. I flew up just enough to get us back up to the castle. Once we landed, I went back to being human and fell to the floor. Draco helped me up, carrying me towards Andrea, Ron and Hermione.
Then to everyone's surprise Harry fell off Hagrid's arm and threw a spell at Nagini. Everyone stood in awe and in shock at Harry as he was alive.
The boy who lived 'twice'. Harry and Voldemort were dueling while Nagini came after the four of us. I stopped unable to transform and stood fire producing from my hands and throwing it at her. It wasn't enough though. Neville came in and saved the day with the Sword of Godric Gryffindor slicing the head off of Nagini and she just evaporated as if she didn't even exist. Harry let out a giant beam of red light with ease and Voldemort's wand went flying to the side of him. Voldemort started withering away, flakes flying up and away. 

He was gone, Harry killed Voldemort. Death eaters were leaving going into hiding, Lucius and Narcissa were walking away before they saw Draco.
Lucius walked right up to Draco's face and looked him dead in the eye saying.
"You disgust me. Look what you have done."

"Lucius, he didn't do anything wrong."
Narcissa said looking at Lucius and turning to me, smiling at me, like she gave me an approval.

"No, he did. He messed up big time. Don't bother coming home."
Lucius said spitting at Draco.

"I wasn't planning on it."
Draco said. I turned to him confused.

"Mia and I are going to travel. We are going to go to Italy and Belgium maybe even Romania with Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Andrea and Harry."

He said looking down at me. Lucius turned to me and leaned forward whispering in my ear.

"You've turned my boy against me."

"No, your boy has just learned and received love. Something of which you could never give him."
I hissed, my eyes turning red, claws out.

"Let's go."

We head into the Great Hall and go back over grieving over Fred, Freya, Lupin and Tonks. Draco stopped where he was, I turned round to see him as wave of deep regret washed over his face.

"Hey, hey what's wrong."
I asked trying to fully register the emotions on his face.

"It's my fault that they're dead."
Draco said, tears begin to build in his eyes.

"No, it's not your fault. Voldemort made you do it, he'd have killed you otherwise. Do not beat yourself up about this. Do you hear me?"
I asked as I moved the hair out of his face.

"Let's go down to the Black lake. Come on let's go."
I said, slowly dragging him towards the door.

We walk out of the castle doors towards the lake. We arrive at the lake; I start stripping pulling off my top and hoodie and take off the tight jeans.
I turn to see Draco still standing with all his clothes on.

"Come on. I need to show you something."
I dive in, slowly rising to the surface.

Draco dives in, boxers only.
He emerges to the surface. I didn't realise how incredibly close we are.

"When we split at Christmas in sixth year. I came out here swimming all the time and just sat submerged beneath the water. I want you to do the same for a couple of minutes."
We both go down underneath the water. I come up before Draco did, Draco rises from the water moments after.

"So, what did you hear?"
I asked him.

"Nothing, it was silent, it was... Peaceful."
He said, a smile brushed across his face.

"See there's the smile, I like to see. It's the smile I fell for."
I said blushing slightly.
He came closer, pulling me in. His hand upon my thigh, moving to my waist. I wrap my legs round his waist.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy. I need you to know that." I said.

"I love you too, Mia Hughes. With all my heart."

We go back to the castle to see Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Ron and Andrea. We all decided that we were going to live at 12 Grimmauld Place, there are enough rooms for all of us individually, and we are all up for it.